Photo

The Two Towers

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: The Two Towers (13 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. Good (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Jemsie

Jemsie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

I love the Two Towers. Mudi has really made it a wonderful place to spend an evening (so much so I am having my birthday celebrations there). Cant wait to get all my pals along to such a lovely pub.

#17 euclyd

euclyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

The Park is usually our destination of choice for Sunday roast but we decided to give the Two Towers a go the other week. Found it a bit odd given that the roast is advertised outside that it took a fair bit of detective work to actually find the menu for said roast anywhere (the menu on the table was the regular menu). When we did order, we had to wait half an hour for our food, which, although quite reasonably priced, really wasn't great - beef was very dry and overcooked and the lamb was really fatty. The staff were all very nice, but it'll really have to up its game if it wants to try to compete with the mansion/park in the roast department.

#18 sheff

sheff

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

Been a bit of a regular recently :-)

The menu at first wasn't overly inspiring but having tried the burger, haloumi and chicken i've changed my mind. All very nice.
The owners are really friendly and we've chatted to them on a few occasions.

Just a shame that its not as busy as it should be.

The Sunday papers are a bonus and the music is generally good. All in all we really like it.....

#19 nickgipsyhill

nickgipsyhill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

They're running the Gipsy Hill Music Festival (!) at the Two Towers all this weekend - complete with hog roast, face painting, lots of live acts - quite varied as well. Definitely worth checking out

#20 SpeakersCorner

SpeakersCorner

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

I popped in to the Two Towers for the first time about a month ago after reading about it on here. When we walked in we almost turned on our heels and walked out again. The wallpaper! OMG! And for a Friday night is was dead. But I'm so glad we resisted the flight instinct and stuck around. It's lovely. We got chatting with possibly the friendliest bar staff in the world and had the best night.

We even ended up talking wallpaper with the owner (again, a top bloke) and rather than throwing us out on our ear, we got a free pint! Now that's customer service.

I'd go back in a heartbeat and encourage everyone else to go too. I was gutted I missed their weekend music festival last weekend. I only saw the poster after it had finished. Such a great pub deserves to be far, far busier than it is. But we can change that, can't we?!

#21 Woody

Woody

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

Visited there a few weeks ago and the roast wasn't very good. Can't comment on atmosphere as there were only 3 people in the pub, two of which were me and my girlfriend. The interior is nice though and i'm willing to give them another shot. But probably won't eat there again.

#22 Dollothy

Dollothy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

This is such a great local. Cosier and with a better atmosphere than The Mansion when there is a bit of a crowd, I would encourage anyone in the area to give it a go. Great for a chilled after work drink midweek and with some really lively nights at the weekend, including a couple of bands and two great dj's playing more housey style music, I have been in when its been properly lively. The food is fantastic and cheaper than the Mansion, and the guys behind the bar are very friendly. On sunny days the garden is a joy to chill out in. Tell your friends and make this place the place to go around here!

#23 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

A detailed recommendation indeed. You should do their advertising.

#24 miss_f

miss_f

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:43 AM

This is the barmiest pub I have ever been to. At the moment they are doing free food... every night apart from Sunday/Monday, and the offer will have been going for 6 weeks when it finishes! The only catch is that you have to a) book and B) buy an alcoholic drink - which cannot be draught. Which is strange because I thought they'd make more of a mark-up on their draught beers than they would on their bottles.

Anyway, I've been a couple of times and the food has been very tasty. The last time it took a long while to appear, but you can't really complain if it's free. They weren't busy though, so I have no idea why it took so long.

I really like this pub and hope more people pick it up as their local - I think the atmosphere will come with the customers. Although at least it's nice and chilled at the moment!

#25 sam812

sam812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

This place has become a bit of a home from home for me, love it! Good food, good wine list, good live music.

The band I first saw here a few months ago are playing this Saturday (28th) from 9pm. See you there! I'll be the one bopping around at the front probably...

#26 sheff

sheff

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

I think this may be shut?

It looked as though it was closed on Saturday evening and also when I went past on Sunday afternoon

#27 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

Any idea what is happening here? Looks like there has been some building work going on. Is it still open?

#28 dodi007

dodi007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

I have been to the Two Towers a number of time and can not believe that you can not buy a bottle of wine but only by the glass! And as for the owner I have bumped into her on a few occasions but not in her pub she seems to like proping up the bars of other estaplishents and depending on how much she has drunk depends on the welcome you will receive. I had a nice night out at the gipy hill tavern with some friends and met the tow towers owner but the next night I saw her and said hello she just blanked me like we had never met. maybe the drink impaired her memory. The way I see it if the Two Towers is not food enough for the owner to drink in then it not good enough for me.