Photo

Mu-Mu

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (13 votes [37.14%])

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

2. Good (17 votes [48.57%])

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

3. Average (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

4. Poor (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 03:19 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Mu-Mu
7 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace, London SE19 1TQ
Open Monday to Sunday 12pm-10.30pm

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 223 7840

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:39 PM

Great for those times when you can't decide whether to go to Edo, Tamnag or Chi as this place has a bit of everything. Despite going for the 'jack of all trades' approach I have never had a bad meal here - food always seems fresh, and very tasty. Service is efficient. Not super-cheap but good value.

#3 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

I would definitely recommend Mu-Mu for lunch over dinner. We have had some lovely lunches in there, great service etc.. then last Saturday we went in there for dinner. It was much busier than at lunchtime, we were ignored for long periods of time, not helped by the fact we were totally trapped where we were sitting. Three people had to get up to allow us to leave.

Over all though, the food is very good, but definitely go when it is not busy. :rolleyes:

#4 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

This is run by the owners of Tamnag !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#5 Becky2

Becky2

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:21 AM

We saw somone running between the two carrying a big gold buddha-type statue the other day. And MuMu's takeaways used to arrive in Tamnag boxes.

Prefer it to Tamnag though - friendlier service and somehow more personal - prob cos it is smaller.

#6 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

I find their menu very variable - certain things on it are great, such as the starters and noodle/rice dishes and others are a bit hm, eg most of the mains. I like getting free prawn crackers with my takeaway though :) .

(Sorry, I just finally got round to registering and am having a bit of a posting spree!)

#7 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:22 AM

Mu-Mu's phone number is one digit different to ours. We often get calls from Tamnag at midnight, thinking they're ringing Mu-Mu. And let's just say they're not the politest when you tell them they've got the wrong number :angry:

#8 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:03 PM

I know how you feel. When Mu-Mu opened they put my phone number on their menu (instead of their own). It took a year for the calls to stop coming through but I still get the occassional one or two. On the plus side my impression of a Chinese Takeaway answering the phone is vastly improved.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#9 Jennifer McCanna

Jennifer McCanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:07 PM

In the run up to Christmas I ended up at Mu Mu about 3 times in 3 weeks and I have to say I always have a great experience there. The menu is extensive, and I've always been in a big group so as well as my own order I've sampled a few of my friends' dishes. I've always been very impressed, the food is delicious and varied. And the service is very friendly, occasionally when they are busy you have to ask twice for things, but when the food is good and the atmosphere this nice, do you care?

#10 new_boy_in_town

new_boy_in_town

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:05 PM

Ate in her on a very busy pre-Valentine's Sat eve on a whim. It was very busy - they found us a table, the staff were delightful (though madly busy), the house red was fine and the food was filling and very tasty. Perfectly good for the price. Nicely lit interior too.

#11 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

Everyone's convinced me to give this a try... So, I'll be in on my birthday in a couple of weeks time with Mrs Elmo (to be). Any recommendations on the food?
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#12 Becky2

Becky2

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

peanut crusted prawns. Or corn and okra fritters. yum yum

#13 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

The lamb masaman curry is devine!

#14 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

I had both and it was gorgeous! The service was great but it was quality of the food that really got me, so fresh.

Bit tricky for Mrs Elmo as she doesn't like chilli ( :blink: ) but I loved the place. :D
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#15 belli

belli

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

I was there last night. My partner and i both enjoyed the great food and the service was good too. I'd recommend it.