Photo

Mu-Mu

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (13 votes [37.14%])

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

2. Good (17 votes [48.57%])

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

3. Average (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

4. Poor (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote

#16 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

I was there last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me too... :ph34r:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#17 urpert

urpert

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:58 PM

Bit tricky for Mrs Elmo as she doesn't like chilli ( :blink: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, they are pretty heavy on the chilli. But everything is always beautifully presented and I haven't had a bad dish (despite striking out into the strangest corners of the huge menu...)

Prices I would say are slightly above the average for CP.

#18 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

Mrs JGX and I tried this place last night and were very, very impressed.

Sam (the manager) was very attentive and the food was utterly superb (the whole, wok-fried crab was excellent).

10 out of 10.

#19 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:12 AM

Finally ate at Mu-Mu for the first time on Saturday night. Fantastic food and service, can't believe it's taken me so long to get round to going here.

Had the seafood tempura for starter, which was very nice and Christine and her nephew shared the duck, which was huge.

For mains, I had the Hunglay curry (Burmese), which was made with ginger, cumin and star anise. This was gorgeous and not really spicy at all, so a good choice for anyone not overly fond of hot curries. Christine had parcel fish, which was cooked in banana leaf - again very nice.

The service was slow, but I liked that. I hate restaurants where they whisk your starter plate away and replace it with the main course two seconds later. I like to have a break between courses and feel like I'm relaxing, having a good chat and just enjoying the atmosphere. I never felt like we were being rushed through our meal.

The staff were extremely polite - they kept the wine topped up, which you'll need to watch if you don't want to get sozzled!! The waiter asked us our names and was very keen to know if we had enjoyed our meal. Will definitely be going back here on a more frequent basis. It wasn't mega cheap, but then we did push the boat out a bit :) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#20 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:32 AM

They do a great lunch deal that we often take advantage of on weekends. £9.95 for two courses and wine/beer.

#21 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

"The service was slow ....................The staff were extremely polite - they kept the wine topped up,"

Whilst a civilised delay between courses is great I have to say that I've been in Mumu and sat for an hour and half between starters and mains which was far too long. The staff just kept apologising and filling up our glasses. The end result was I got very drunk and very hungry and when the food finally arrived (after several enquiries) it was undercooked in my case and overcooked but stone cold in the wife's. I like the place but I think its better mid week and lunchtimes -On the two occasions I've been on a friday and Staurday Night I was disappointed

#22 sinhaha

sinhaha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

Started off fantastically well , now seems a bit overpriced for what it offers.Unfailingly friendly if erratic sevice.

#23 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:52 AM

Went on Saturday for the first time in ages. Menu seems a bit less varied that it used to be, or maybe Iím just mis-remembering (Iím sure it used to be a bit of everything whereas now seems 90% Thai with just a few odd twists).

The batter on my tempura starter was far too heavy for my tastes (would try Edo for better tempura!). However, main courses were very good, and very big portions.

However, service was pretty dire. Canít complain about the staff themselves who were doing their best but (following some kind of crisis which resulted in our original waiter running out of the door very rapidly!), left with only two staff for entire restaurant and take-aways. Waited over half an hour from first asking for the bill to actually getting it (and had to ask for it three times).

The poor girl on the till/phone spent the entire evening apologising and fielding phone calls from irate customers waiting for their take-away orders.

#24 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:58 AM

We have also found the service leaves a lot to be desired. The waiter running off Weeble was probably going to help out in Tamnag! We also had the waiting an hour for the bill thing - well, until I said they either take my money now or I'm leaving!

It's such a shame, the food is lovely and the staff are very sweet. It's great for lunch though when it's quiet.

#25 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, I don'6t go here anymore after the time I waited AN HOUR for a take away order. After giving me some free crackers, and a free beer, the food came up. It was all wrong. All I wanted was two green chicken curries and one rice! How hard is that?! Sammy (the matre d') said they had a new chef in. There was only 3 other poeple in the reastaurant!

by this time it was late, so I said forget it, he then gave it me for free. He did his best, but you do get the feeling it's second cousin/left overs to Tamag Thai.

Plus we both had dicky tums the next day, so from now on I'm voting with my feet and taking my stomach elsewhere.

Edited by eyedropper, 16 January 2006 - 01:57 PM.

www.eyedropper.co.uk

#26 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

Well it seems we've voted with out feet as I walked past on Saturday and it had closed. Reopening as... another Thai restuarant!
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#27 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:06 PM

Mu-Mu has closed. The new restaurant that has opened in its place is called Nim's Kitchen

European.vote - EU Referendum