Photo

February Virtual Norwood Get Together

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: February Virtual Norwood Get Together (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to attend?

1. Yes, definitely (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Yes, hopefully (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. No, maybe next time (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote

#46 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

We had a great time. Nice to talk to everyond, and apologies to those we didn't get to talk to this time. Had a fun hoot-N-hollar about politics with COYI, Dazza, Katsku and others at the end...which was perfectly aimiable and entertaining, despite or because of the vast amounts of EtOH in the system, no limbs lost or eyes poked out or anything!

LSPE I also can't believe you were up before 8. Shows you the benefits of healthy living! Despite our late night enthusiasm for chicken coops, we might have cooled off a bit as Jane from the Plot told us this morning that they are the destructors of gardens.

#47 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

As Newbie to area (well not so new as nine months now) and also near newbie on the boards...was nice to come along and say hi.

Mrs N and I finally got to meet Dazza....who was on best behavour and not teasing anyone.....Shame to hear about 'Come on you Irons' being banned from the site..... has that really happenned or was that the wind up? maybe we should start a campaign to get him back.....Have Virtual picket or no post on here until he returns.....to liven up our boards.

Nice chatting to you all and will try and make another one...

#48 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

Great evenig COYI told me to say hi.I bet he would be really touched if he could see these comments. There were some people who I would dearly have loved to meet ( you know who you are ) perhaps next time.

Congrats Nick great evening

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#49 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

Yes finally got to meet the VN Legends, as well as new, old and sleeper VNers and had a brilliant evening, everyone on good form. Throat a bit sore from yelling over the flamenco guitarist (we were meant to listen? Oh...) Respect too to Los Torreros who were very accommodating of our frugal repast of bread, olives and fries.

#50 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Shame to hear about 'Come on you Irons' being banned from the site..... has that really happenned or was that the wind up? maybe we should start a campaign to get him back.....Have Virtual picket or no post on here until he returns.....to liven up our boards.

Nice chatting to you all and will try and make another one...

"Free the VN One"? Come on!

#51 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

free coyi!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#52 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:00 AM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the social - wish I could have been there - promise I'll make it to one of them!

About the COYI banning, I've started a thread about it here. Please take a look to see my reasons for banning COYI. I think it was reasonable. Feel free to discuss the banning issue over at the other thread.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#53 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Thanks to everyone who came along and made it the night it was. And thanks to Los Torreros for being so welcoming and accommodating. It was a great evening.

We will post details of our next event shortly.
Nick, Forum Moderator