Photo

Pizza at the Palace

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Pizza at the Palace (24 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (11 votes [45.83%])

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Good (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Average (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Poor (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 cheerfulmusicman

cheerfulmusicman

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Having lived here for over four years I thought it was about time I paid a visit, and wish I had been frequenting this place a lot sooner. It was very busy and they explained they had catered for a large party earlier in the evening, but we were quickly shown a table in a good spot by the window, great for people watching, and menus and the drinks order were done nice and promptly.

I am never in a hurry in a restaurant and welcome slower than average service, it enables you to have a chat with your companions and peruse the menu more thoroughly. I opted for a spicy chilli chicken pasta dish and the ladyfriend chose a pizza. The pasta was fantastic, not your regular dish, with a little fire on the tongue and a chargrilled taste to the chicken, the pizza was great, well cooked, with generous, fresh toppings.

Service was excellent and both the waitress and manager checked we were happy and had a little cheery conversation with us without being intrusive.

I scored it Good not Excellent, there is always room to improve, but it's not far off top marks.

#32 ayeare

ayeare

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Had a pre-move pizza in here last night with some friends, very good. Roman pizza base is a bit extra but it's really light and crispy, perfect. Wines seems fairly reasonably priced down the list although we just opted for house red. Very friendly service.

Affogato comes with the espresso poured in, rather than on the side, but seems harsh to mark them down for that!