Photo

The Dolphin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. Good (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Average (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. Poor (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:23 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Pub

The Dolphin
121 Sydenham Road, London SE26 5HB

Phone: 020 8778 8101
Fax: 020 7771 7230
Web: www.thedolphinsydenham.com
Email: info@thedolphinsydenham.com

#2 Ang

Ang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

Since this place has been done up we have been there several times - just the two of us in the daytime and at night, with young family members and last time during the mini heatwave last month in their garden. Food is very nice, good selections of large and tapas style sharing plates, child portions for Sunday lunch and friendly staff. The garden is looking lovely (not fully open when we were there last). Good selection of wines, beers and soft drinks (and the orange juice hasn't got 'bits' in it - very important for my 4 year old niece, believe me!). Completley no smoking and slightly overrrun by young families on weekend lunchtimes.

#3 Nork1

Nork1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

Why is this under 'pubs and bars'? It's a restaurant.

#4 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

It was a pub last time I looked (2004). Would it be best described as a gastro-pub now?

European.vote - EU Referendum

#5 Ang

Ang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

I would say gastro pub. You can happily go for a pint of foaming ale and nothing else.

#6 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:02 AM

Where is this exactly? Is the garden nice? I'm often looking for somewhere to take the grand-sprogs and have a good pint myself.
aka Pie

#7 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

Its on Sydenham High Street and very nice it is too. I would put it in the pub category.

#8 Spooks

Spooks

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

website is here

http://www.thedolphinsydenham.com/

complete with up to date garden pictures.

#9 keziahthomas

keziahthomas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

My favourite pub for food in the area...we go very often! Really unusual tapas food, great selection of wines. Nice atmosphere (apart from a few too many kids running around). My only critisism is the staff can be a little offhand-they need some better training i think!

#10 monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

Best pub in Sydenham by a mile. The food is ok, I think the menu tries a little too hard to be diverse, but it's still fairly good. Nice selection of wines and cocktails. I've always found the service very good. This is a great pub to visit in summer, because of the beautiful garden out at the back. I agree with a previous poster about the amount of kids running around - brilliant for families, but not for everyone.
MonkeyJoe
Moove2London

#11 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

I really like the Dolphin, but since not having had a cooker for nearly two months now, we have gone there a little too often, and have pretty much exhausted the menu. It's not bad for vegetarians, and it has a good feel to it. I look forward to a change in menu, hopefully not in vain.
Rachel
My link

#12 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

I was accosted on wkend by some bucanneer outside Sainsburys promoting some sort of drama thing which I think he said was on at the Dolphin Sydenham. Anyone know anything about what's going on down there?

#13 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Here you go: Theatre at the Dolphin

#14 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

Michael Hodges raved about the show in his Time Out column, which I don't think is available online, though he gets quoted here:

http://forum.sydenha...?t=5182&p=40309

#15 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Had a very pleasant afternoon in the Dolphin's garden yesterday - only slightly marred by 1) the price of the beer having gone up, 2) the children being allowed to run around picking up gravel and throwing it, creating clouds of dust, and 3) the couple at the table next to us muttering about me because I was putting suncream on my arms!! (I am a peely-wally celt who just needs to look at the sun to start burning!).

It really is a lovely garden though - just wish they'd ask parents to supervise their children a bit more!

Edited by ClaireyM, 26 April 2011 - 01:39 PM.