Photo

The Thicket Tavern

house music pumping on xmas d

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Average (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

4. Poor (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

I think you are right Axean - just some chancers looking for a knees up in a shell for a few days - was quiet going past there this pm

#17 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Front and windows covered in graffiti. It was an eyesore before; now it's an even bigger eyesore :(

#18 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Music was pumping full on this afternoon and various herberts coming and going through the wooden doors at the side - noise abatement notice has unsurprisingly been done away with - graffiti abounds - things look smashed -looking pretty grubby

#19 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

It must be hellish living next door :(

#20 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

The walls were expanding out from the dubstep last night. Thumpthumpitythump....

#21 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Music was pumping full on this afternoon and various herberts coming and going through the wooden doors at the side - noise abatement notice has unsurprisingly been done away with - graffiti abounds - things look smashed -looking pretty grubby

Have reported it to both the police and the council noise abatement team, who guessed what I was calling about before the word 'Thicket' had even left my mouth, they'd had so many complaints yesterday. Making use of a long-empty commercial property so you have a roof over your head is one thing (though I'd prefer it be done via one of the council's official schemes), but a load of 'herberts', as CO aptly describes them, moving in to party loudly and wreck the place is plain anti-social and wins you no friends. :angry:

#22 Sandski

Sandski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

I wasn't that bothered when the squatters first moved in - I used to live next door to a group of considerate squatters in Brixton before I moved to Anerley 11 years ago. But I've changed my mind about this lot in the Tavern. Living nearby what was a neglected semi-grand building is one thing. As you say GillW, now it really is an eyesore with graffiti increasing by the day. And when I walked past last Friday the wooden gates were open, and loads of open bags of rubbish were strewn around the yard. It's not a fitting end to a local pub.

Here's hoping these squatters get evicted by/ in the Spring, before things get much worse. :(

#23 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Surprise! Last night no music and also all the trash that had been accumulating to the side had been picked up. Lights on way up top. Are they changing their tune? Or have they been kicked out?

#24 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Thank goodness I've been away until yesterday! Sounds like it's been a nightmare!

#25 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Full on pumping rocking out there today - reckon its the remains of what started off last night - seems like nothings gonna get done about it until ? Dunno - what can be done about evicting them and securingthe place? Council? Police?

#26 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

I Google-searched the pub and found this, so will be making a call tomorrow to ask just that:

Fantastic news! Lightbox received approval for the conversion of this disused Pub to provide 6 residential units and business unit.
We would like to thank the local community for their support in this application. In all we received over 240 expressions of support for our scheme. We are currently working hard on compiling the structural and building information which will allow us to start in earnest in spring 2012.

CONTACT
Lightbox London Limited UK OFFICE
17 Grove Vale,
East Dulwich,
London,
SE22 8ET.

Telephone 0208 299 8390

Email info@lightboxlondon.com

I've written to them, too, for good measure:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am one of the 240 local residents that supported your application to redevelop the Thicket Tavern in London SE20. Could you tell me what your immediate plans are to evict the squatters who have taken up residence in the property since Christmas and are making the lives of those living nearby a misery with their all-day and all-night parties? They have also vandalised the building, breaking windows and graffiti-ing the facade, and rubbish is building up in the grounds, causing a health hazard. The matter has been reported to both the police and Bromley Council -- as yet, to no avail.

Kind regards etc

#27 LondonPooley

LondonPooley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I drove past the Thicket Tavern this afternoon and there seemed to have been some sort of police raid. I couldn't see exactly what was happening as for once the traffic was moving quite quickly down the hill during rush hour. Lots of cars parked outside including a police car and police van and it looked like people being searched. I hope it means they are being moved on.

#28 voodoo

voodoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yup, seems its been sorted at last. Sound equipment confiscated, and squatters evicted within the week :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))