Photo

Edo

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (47 votes [62.67%])

Percentage of vote: 62.67%

2. Good (24 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

3. Average (2 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

4. Poor (2 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:13 PM

Went here for the first time on Friday evening...we had something which we thought was worth celebrating and decided to try somewhere different.
It was fantastic, such a lovely place and lovely staff, and the food was superb.
As mentioned by others on previous posts, its definitely worth getting a table near the back if you can, very special and a great experience.
All in all, a wonderful evening and surely one of the best restaurants in the triangular.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#17 Yamaman

Yamaman

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

I went here recently and loved it. The service was excellent (probably due to it being almost empty)
The edemame were beautiful as was the tempora.
Weeble, have you ever tried Abeno in town? If you like Okonomiyaki then that is the place to go. It's my fav Jap restaurant.

#18 sinhaha

sinhaha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

How they stay afloat with so few diners is beyond me , but somehow thay keep going and produce the most wonderful food time and time again.

Definitely needs more local support.

#19 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:20 AM

This place is just fantastic, some of the best food, the soft shell crab is just amazing, lovely helpful staff, if you a bit stuck and don't know what to order, Sake brilliant. Can't recommend highly enough, go on give it a try!

#20 duckec01

duckec01

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:14 PM

I agree the food here is excellent, but the lack of diners does have an effect on the ambience of the place. It would a shame if was lost through lack of business.

#21 howdy

howdy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

I've always found the food at Edo to be exceptional (their California roll is better than anything I've had in California) and the staff nothing less than charming. Quite why it can be near-empty on some nights remains a mystery.

#22 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:16 AM

Had a delicious meal in Edo last night - I' d really recommend it if you haven't tried this place. The only problem is deciding what to have? If you're unsure about what all the dishes are just ask the very helpful waitress. The bento boxes cost little more than a McDonalds and are far tastier and healthier, with soup, salad, rice and meat.

#23 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hi there,

I know I know...... this should be under restaurants, however I just wanted to know if anybody has been to Edo lately - most of the reviews are quite old, albeit very very good......

We are planning on going there for a birthday meal on Saturday night - is it still so good?

thanks for your help

P :rolleyes:
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#24 howdy

howdy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

I went there midweek a few weeks back - food and service were excellent, and it was actually busy!

#25 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:50 PM

it is awsome, we go practically every weekend, it's totally fab, they will help you out with anything that looks unfamiliar, and also do a great home delivery service, the owner was also very kind to me when I broke my foot, let me sit in there for ages having lunch on my own.
:D

#26 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:28 PM

If it's for a special occasion which it clearly is, or any occasion for that matter, make sure you get one of the tables in the back half of the restaurant.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#27 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

Thanks very much for your replies! We will book a table at the back and are very much looking forward to some nice Japanese food. I will report back on how it went!

cheers
P :)

#28 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

Thanks very much for your tip - the food is fantastic!

I can't believe I never went before. If you like sushi - this is the place to go, everything tastes fresh. I had Salmon Teriyaki on veggies - very yummy!

They still should change the lighting more and maybe introduce some palms or something to separate the seating. however, I will defo be back very soon for the food!

#29 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

Had a fantastic takeaway from there last night. But the place was completely empty! How can Edo's genius be so underappreciated in the area?

I'd suspect the cause is unfamiliarity with the menu and the "urgh, raw fish" factor, and if I was the owners I'd go out with a tray of samples for passers-by to try.

#30 dvon

dvon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

I normally go to Nozomi in Knightsbridge, but decided to try Edo because of the comments on this site, and I was extremely impressed. The food and service were both excellent. The sashimi...yumyum, and the black cod double yumyum.
We went there on a Tuesday night and it was fairly busy. Will definatly be a regular visitor

Edited by dvon, 21 August 2006 - 10:59 AM.