• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 mcleanmuir

mcleanmuir

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Hahaha... yes, there is a lot of work going on there now - diggers, bits of the pub pulled off, etc. Haven't been past for a few days, but there's obviously a big job being done.

I went and had a look and took some photos. I have been informed it is going to re-open as a pub.

I am not sure but I could have answered my own post.

Edited by mcleanmuir, 27 March 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#17 mcleanmuir

mcleanmuir

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:09 AM

I went and had a look and took some photos. I have been informed it is going to re-open as a pub.

Went past Graces today, massive renovation going on. I am informed that 500,000 is being spent.

#18 mcleanmuir

mcleanmuir

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

The Mitre has shut again.

#19 neildmc

neildmc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Went past Graces today, massive renovation going on. I am informed that 500,000 is being spent.

Don't suppose anyone knows when this is finally opening? Read some good things on another forum after searching on Google, and this would be my nearest pub that I would probably go to. Especially if it did decent food, etc.

#20 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

Don't suppose anyone knows when this is finally opening? Read some good things on another forum after searching on Google, and this would be my nearest pub that I would probably go to. Especially if it did decent food, etc.

Just read a massively long thread about this on a Crystal Palace fans' website and the latest suggestion seems to be that it will open on July 1. Explanation for the delay is that the new, new owner (it apparently changed hands again after work began) couldn't make up his mind how he was going to finish it/what he was going to do with it. We'll see...

#21 Rikaitch

Rikaitch

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Just read a massively long thread about this on a Crystal Palace fans' website and the latest suggestion seems to be that it will open on July 1. Explanation for the delay is that the new, new owner (it apparently changed hands again after work began) couldn't make up his mind how he was going to finish it/what he was going to do with it. We'll see...

Probably turn it into an estate agent's. :blink:
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Fart, and you're on your own.

#22 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

hey - dig that crazy avatar thingy Rikaitch

#23 Rikaitch

Rikaitch

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

hey - dig that crazy avatar thingy Rikaitch

Thanks Chewder. I wanted something different. And, yes, that really is me.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Fart, and you're on your own.

#24 flash1969

flash1969

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Spoke to one of the builders at Graces yesterday and according to him, the plan is to open close to Xmas.

He said It's going to be a family gastro pub, has had a new kitchen fitted & also a function room at the back. He said the guy who is developing it is a local from Penge.

Work has been slow, but it is looking better from the outside.

#25 neildmc

neildmc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Currently undergoing heavy refurbishment. This side of Anerley seriously needs a good pub, especially as Graces seems to be a non-starter. Will be interested to see how it looks once finished.

http://www.starpubs....itre-in-anerley

http://www.starpubs....IFS_V01PH02.pdf

Shame its not a better brewery, but perhaps they'll allow the new owners will stock the local SE20 Shamblemoose/Late Knight craft beers! (wishful thinking at least...)

Edited by neildmc, 13 May 2013 - 10:52 AM.