Photo

Numidie Wine Bar

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Bar? (72 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Bar?

1. Excellent (46 votes [71.88%])

Percentage of vote: 71.88%

2. Good (12 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. Average (1 votes [1.56%])

Percentage of vote: 1.56%

4. Poor (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:38 AM

I was having a drink with a work colleague the other day who lives in Forest Hill. He was raving about the wine bar in Numidie, so I told him to make sure he doesn't tell anyone else about it :D .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#17 Guest_Liliput 2004_*

Guest_Liliput 2004_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:20 PM

It's ace, great food, you feel really at home in the bar downstair - you don't feel like leaving - it must be good even Jonathan Meades likes it!

#18 Yamaman

Yamaman

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

I went there on Saturday night for the first time after being told how wonderful it is... and it is excellent.
Good crowd

#19 deletemonkey

deletemonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

They will serve a full meal downstairs if you ask and if you can find a table, especially since the restaurant upstairs went fully non-smoking.

There is also a bar menu with snacks and light dishes.

The new(ish) barman, Hamed, is excellent - really knows his stuff.

Incidentally, why isn't the restaurant listed in the restaurant reviews section?

Edited by deletemonkey, 04 March 2006 - 02:22 PM.

#20 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

Incidentally, why isn't the restaurant listed in the restaurant reviews section?

It is... http://www.virtualno...p?showtopic=689

European.vote - EU Referendum

#21 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

The new(ish) barman, Hamed, is excellent - really knows his stuff.

Would this be who everyone was raving about last time we were in there? I was in the fortunate position of having drinks bought for me, but everyone who went to the bar said how fantastic the guy behind the bar was. :)

#22 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:01 AM

Charming little bar.... decent red wine available and nice food.

I find I am more encouraged to talk like I'm sitting on the Left Bank when I'm sitting in here.....

Only down-side is that it is very smoky....
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#23 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:53 AM

Only down-side is that it is very smoky....

Not for long: http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/6196910.stm

I suppose I'm guilty of adding to the fug with the occasional cigar... :ph34r:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#24 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

Wonderful little bar, with a great atmosphere and I like the laid back jazz that tends to be played there. Fairly pricey, but I am happy to pay the extra - and hopefully it will keep the cider/alcopop brigade out.

#25 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Me again - had a lovely meal here last sunday, then we went dowstairs and listended to a great duo - sax player/singer and guitarist. The music was v v good, and I understand they play on Sundays regularly - will definitely go back.

Only downside was the scattering of slightly chavvy clientele (unusual for Numidie, which normally attracts a better standard of customer - maybe just an off night), ignoring the musicians totally and speaking loudly over the music.

#26 CrystalParis

CrystalParis

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

Had a lovely meal here on Sunday night. Wonderful Merguez sausages to start with followed by tender lamb and finishing with a Creme Brulee to die for! Great value in these credit crunch times too - 3 courses for 14!

#27 teri267

teri267

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

Having heard good things about the bar in Numidie, Mr Teri and I decided to pop in for a drink on Friday night.

I was starting to wonder whether or not the great reviews were true as we were ignored on arrival at the bar when there were only 4 other people in there and two bar staff, and then shoved out of the way when someone came back to their seat at the bar (a polite 'excuse me' usually does the trick) - not a great start. But as we sat at our table chatting away and enjoying a rather nice Montepulciano (also reasonably priced), the charm of this little underground bar grew on me. The music, decor and atmosphere (although quiet for a Friday night) was very pleasant, and rather than having the one drink we planned for, we ended up staying for three and ordering tapas (which were absolutely delicious!). We were also sent off with a cheery farewell and thanks for our custom, which is always appreciated. We will be back! :)

#28 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

We have had a few very good evenings in the Numidie bar recently, and Izzy and Sammi are doing a sterling job in holding the fort whilst Hamid is away.

It has definitely become our favourite watering hole, and the Morrocan red is dangerously addictive.

#29 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Fabulous evening down there last night - live music and great atmosphere (almost certainly bolstered by the euphoria resulting from Algeria beating Rwanda!)

#30 monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Have been to the restaurant once, which was nice, but I much prefer the downstairs bar. It's small, intimate and serves lovely wines. The atmosphere is great, definitely not-chavvy, unlike other (but certainly not all) watering holes in the triangle. The live music is fab. I know we're supposed to keep it a secret, but I love it!
MonkeyJoe
Moove2London