Photo

Numidie Wine Bar

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Bar? (72 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Bar?

1. Excellent (46 votes [71.88%])

Percentage of vote: 71.88%

2. Good (12 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. Average (1 votes [1.56%])

Percentage of vote: 1.56%

4. Poor (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

Fabulous night at Numidie last night with Serge celebrating its 10th year. He put on a delicious buffet upstairs, whilst the dancing took place in the bar downstairs. Great fun, great atmosphere, great music. Happy Birthday Numidie!

#32 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

Anyone know anything about whether Numidie has been bought and whether they will be opening again - as Numidie or under another name/incarnation? Really missing a good bar in CP :(

#33 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Anyone know anything about whether Numidie has been bought and whether they will be opening again - as Numidie or under another name/incarnation? Really missing a good bar in CP :(

All the info is here:
http://www.virtualno...ge-numidie-sold

Worth a new thread and poll when it reopens :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#34 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Wey hey! So glad Numidie bar is back. The new owners have smartened it up: whitewashed walls with little alcoves, moroccan style stools, pouffes, tables and lamps etc. I managed to secure my favourite bar stool in my favourite spot (which tickled me pink!) and we spent a lovely evening there, especially when old acquaintances - that we never seem to bump into elsewhere - turned up.

A few little teething problems - music a bit too loud (although they kindly turned it down) and they could do with a better selection, and the ladies' ran out of loo paper. On the plus side the drinks were reasonably priced (a beer and a glass of very good house white was noticably cheaper than in the White Hart), the bar well stocked, the bar staff friendly and efficient (especially the lovely Sani) and the atmosphere relaxed and buzzy. We were even treated to a gratis tipple as we left in the early hours by one of the lovely new owners (thank you!).

Very pleased Numidie is back.

Very

#35 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Yes, they've taken a good deal of time and trouble to spruce up the bar. And I do enjoy the Moroccan chairs and pouffes, which are particularly fun when you're as tall as me.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#36 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Tried out the new look Numidie - late on Sunday evening so very quiet. Numidie has always been a favourite of mine. The refurbishment looks good and I'm sure when its buzzin' it will once again be fab. My only complaint on Sunday was the music... a bit too loud and a bit naff (IMO) ..... I have always associated Numidie with a bit of mellooooow jazz or world music.

#37 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:03 AM

Tried out the new look Numidie - late on Sunday evening so very quiet. Numidie has always been a favourite of mine. The refurbishment looks good and I'm sure when its buzzin' it will once again be fab. My only complaint on Sunday was the music... a bit too loud and a bit naff (IMO) ..... I have always associated Numidie with a bit of mellooooow jazz or world music.

They do seem amenable to being asked to lower the volume and\or change the music. They have a pile of CDs that Hamid left that they are happy for you to rifle through.

#38 Tambo

Tambo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hmmm.I wonder if they need some help with musical presentation/content?
Likes rock and roll,country and western and hip and hop

#39 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Maybe so! :)

#40 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

I went to the bar a couple of weeks back. Great to have it open again and stumble out of an empty restaurant early the next morning. Agree that most of the music played was a bit loud and some a bit naff given the general chilled vibe of the place. It's also going to attract crowds of people on a night out rather than people looking for a relaxed hideaway bar...but maybe that's who they're targetting now???

I'm sure they said it was £10 for a shisha to which made me laugh. I've payed 1/2 that in Fulham and expected it to be even less given that it's all part of the moroccan theme.

Nice addition /return to the triangle though and I'll be back soon I'm sure.

#41 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

I went to the restaurant on Saturday (which was excellent I might add) but in popping to the loo the music downstairs was the theme to Shaft...... whereras the music upstairs was of a rather chilled north african vibe....

#42 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

The theme to Shaft...... superb music. Bring it on!

#43 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

love the bar downstairs - glad that's open again :)
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#44 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

love the bar downstairs - glad that's open again :)

We have had some great evenings down there recently, very friendly bunch :)

#45 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

Numidie - heard they have a band playing there called the Lovebirds at the weekend - i have eaten there but not gone to a gig , any feedback please .