Photo

Numidie Wine Bar

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Bar? (72 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Bar?

1. Excellent (46 votes [71.88%])

Percentage of vote: 71.88%

2. Good (12 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. Average (1 votes [1.56%])

Percentage of vote: 1.56%

4. Poor (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Numidie - heard they have a band playing there called the Lovebirds at the weekend - i have eaten there but not gone to a gig , any feedback please .

Love the Lovebirds - should be a cracking evening. They do a great acoustic set and are hot.

#47 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yes they are a CP institution, like The Hipster Ray - pop up at every local do and routinely bring the house down.

#48 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Popped in here last Friday night for the first time in ages. Loved it! Arrived about 23.15 and it was busy but got a seat. A band was entertaining everyone and with efficient service at the bar we stayed for nearly a couple of hours.

#49 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Mixed feelings about this place at the moment. One the one hand it is a great little venue with a wonderfully bohemian feel, great bar staff and a good range of very reasonably priced wines. On the other hand, on both of our Saturday night visits recently there has been a kind of open mike event going on - a non-stop stream of seemingly amateur performers all amped up to ear-splitting volume, making conversation all but impossible. The stuff being performed is played with great enthusiasm but would be better accomodated in the individuals concerned bedrooms with ear-phones on, really not good enough to assail the ears of the public. It really is like one long practice session with touches of good performances but on the whole clumsily (and occasionally excruciatingly) bad.

The tiny venue is better suited to decent acoustic musicians , with a break between sets to allow the punters a bit of a rest. The current cacophony of non-stop XFactor type performances is driving us away from one of our favourite local venues which is a shame. Horses for courses though and maybe others rate it.

Edited by Summit Lover, 08 July 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#50 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Have been avoiding this place for quite a while following the change of ownership as I didn't like the new feel. Decided though after a long absence to try it again last night. Really pleased we did though as enjoyed it much more than before. It was pleasantly busy, a good band was on and the cocktails were very nice.

All in all Saturday has I think reaffirmed my faith in Numidie bar and so will be putting it back on my list of preferred bars in the Triangle.

#51 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Numidie Basement Bar is still the place to head down on the Triangle for a great night out. Quality music from some very talented musicians, fab cocktails etc ..........and late night hours. Nice blog HERE

#52 Joel

Joel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

great little find.. discovered it by accident. Was a live band playing which was great but space was definitely at a premium. not for the claustraphobic!