Photo

Queens Hotel

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Hotel? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Hotel?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Poor (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

The Queen's Hotel has now got scaffolding up its central facade. Is refurbishment underway? I sincerely hope so. If only it could just get the basics right, it would be a great low-medium budget hotel.

Especially now that the Triangle has in the past couple of years finally become the place it had been flirting with becoming for the past decade or so; somewhere where one would definitely choose to spend an evening out after a hard day's sightseeing. I've always enjoyed it of course, but I suspect I may have been a bit biased.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#62 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Apparently they are carrying out maintenance and having a bit of a refurb of the facade (according to the cabbie I spoke to).

#63 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Not sure how you can have fond memories of this place ! Would rather stay in a travelodge !

The hotel name is so tainted, I would say this would be the 1 scenario for it to change its name & start from fresh !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#64 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

I disagree - I think the name has been synonymous with CP and its history since it was built. The previous owners changed it some years ago to something rather bland but it was quickly changed back! They seem to do good business with overseas visitors and the current owners have definitely improved the look of the outside with new paintwork, railings and planting.
aka Pie

#65 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

The previous owners changed it some years ago to something rather bland

I seem to remember it was briefly and unironically called the Quality Hotel... :wacko:

#66 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

Not sure how you can have fond memories of this place ! Would rather stay in a travelodge !

Dazza

Fond memories of the Triangle, Dazza, not the Queen's Hotel, where there is absolutely no evidence that I have ever stayed. My lawyers will be in touch.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#67 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

I stayed there once in an emergency & they gave me a room with a couple already in it ! Read tripadvisor itsi in the bootom 10% holels in london

I have always said that CP would really benefit from a good chain hotel ( Marriott , de vere etc) in teh area due to easy access to inner london as there is obviosly a market for it.

Dazza

PS Have you ever been unfortunate to stay there yourself Sylvester !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#68 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

I disagree - I think the name has been synonymous with CP and its history since it was built. The previous owners changed it some years ago to something rather bland but it was quickly changed back! They seem to do good business with overseas visitors and the current owners have definitely improved the look of the outside with new paintwork, railings and planting.

Well according to some one of the reviews it looks like they are doing a Sparra and jettisoning the name so its by bye Queens Hotel and Welcome to.......

All Seasons Hotel, London Crystal Palace ............... Thank God for the inclusion of London otherwise guests may be at a loss as to where they are ;)

I would guess its part of this chain so I wonder if it will get a shot of investment.

http://www.all-seaso...ome/index.shtml

#69 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

I couldn't find the Queens Hotel on that web site, only ones in Leyton and Southwark. Where did you hear this NL?
aka Pie

#70 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

I couldn't find the Queens Hotel on that web site, only ones in Leyton and Southwark. Where did you hear this NL?

One of the reviews on trip advisor said it was being converted into an All Season in 2012 and doing a quick google there was a link to a Croydon application for signage pdf with the All season branding in the pic.

#71 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Let's hope they upgrade the inside as well then!
aka Pie

#72 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Like it or Loathe it I think "The Queen's Hotel" as a bit of pedigree in C Palaces recent history, and a branded anonymous chain doesnt have the same potential charm. If its called "All Season" or whatever it will be a shame I think

#73 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have to say, I think having somewhere that we'd all be happy to recommend to visiting relatives is more important than maintaining the name. I don't really mind who owns it but we do need a decent local hotel. Currently, the only option is the Fox Hill B&B.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#74 mao

mao

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

I agree with Gekko. That name is tainted ( friends stayed not long ago. Horrible experience).

Ta

#75 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well thats fair enough but I dont seem to remember it being any better when it was rebranded the almost ironic "Quality Hotel", which I believe was some chain - just a personal view that retaining the name and improving the quality of accomodation and service would be a win win for me - not that Ive ever stayed there nor probably ever will - but it would be nice to see punters around the triangle and its environs happy with their C Palace experience - including their accomodation