Photo

Queens Hotel

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Hotel? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Hotel?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Poor (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

I live pretty much bang next door so will watch any developments with interest. They have certainly done a lot of work at the front over the last few years and it does look rather smart.

Thankfully they seem to have stopped having noisy functions there which seemed to get overly noisy as revellers congregated in the outside areas. There was a particularly raucous event a year or so ago that ended up in fighting inside and outside the hotel - not sure if the hotel curtailed the events subsequently or the police/council.

#77 Rikaitch

Rikaitch

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Firstly, call it what you like, it'll always be the 'Queens' to me.

Secondly, do you think the new owners would open up the cellar bar? I used to love it in there. So many happy memories of jumping out of windows when the Police pulled up or swapping drinks with those not drinking alcohol (I was only 17).

Thirdly, I think it'll continue to move from one chain to another, and get sold on at a loss each time, meaning it'll get more and more squalid as time goes on. I personally think it should become a listed building or something, and owners be forced to return it to it's former glory. Then CP wouldn't need a Marriot or De Vere.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Fart, and you're on your own.

#78 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

I like the queens hotel as a building - aesthetically - and also like the fact it brings people travelling from afar to this part of south london - couldnt comment on the quality of what lies within as have never stayed - but hope it links into what else CP has to offer so travellers here report back to their homelands that CP is a good place to stay - a deal on bars and restaurants linking with the Queens hotel seems like a good idea - just a gut feeling but dont see that many tourists out amongst the nightlife - triangle style

#79 Joel

Joel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I live quite near this hotel and am fascinated by the fact that one night the carpark can be full of white trade vans, then the next it's packed full of german tourist buses. They obviously have a resourceful booking team! 

My mum is visiting soon and I was wondering if it would be ok to book her in there... any experiences much appreciated