Photo

Palace Spice

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (22 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

2. Good (15 votes [28.85%])

Percentage of vote: 28.85%

3. Average (9 votes [17.31%])

Percentage of vote: 17.31%

4. Poor (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Gemster

Gemster

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

I ordered take-away from Palace Spice last night for the first time. Delivery took a while but the food was very tasty. I will definitely be using them more often.

#62 Lorlorkins

Lorlorkins

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

I love this place, and if it wasn't for the choice would go more often. Really tasty, well-put together food, some intriguing options to choose from, lovely service - and it's open late. Definitely recommended.

#63 kinchyuk

kinchyuk

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Another great takeaway last night from Palace Spice - third one in about the past two weeks. Consistently fantastic food (quite possibly the best Indian takeaway I've ever tasted), really friendly and generally quite fast delivery even during peak times.

Oh, and how trendy are the menus? Sad I know, but I was impressed..

#64 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

Another great takeaway last night from Palace Spice - third one in about the past two weeks. Consistently fantastic food (quite possibly the best Indian takeaway I've ever tasted), really friendly and generally quite fast delivery even during peak times.

Oh, and how trendy are the menus? Sad I know, but I was impressed..

That's not sad kinch ! I like them too and happen to know someone who had a hand in making them. Still the best curry in SC19 (sic)
  • andreas and charlie like this

#65 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Glad everyones loving my 2nd home.

The boys are opening a new establishment in Battersea soon !

Dazza

PS Make sure you ask for their new brandy / whisky menu which i had a bit of a hand in it
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#66 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

Glad everyones loving my 2nd home.

We most certainly are! A bunch of us went there last night and had a fantastically flavoursome meal with friendly efficient service at a great price. A bit daunted by the many offerings on the menu, I simply asked for the Dazza special, and got not only a delicious vindaloo but loads of smiles and stories about their local celeb, Dazza!

This place ticks most of the boxes for me - great curries (both meat and veg), piping hot nan (both plain and garlic were excellent, with the latter not too fierce, but with a kind of sweetness that fresh garlic can have), Kingfisher on tap, and open late (at 10:20 people were still coming in and the place was lively)...

We thought we'd been kind of ruined for eating local Indian food as we've spent the last 4 months making regular trips to Whitechapel and getting a bit-over curried at the amazing Lahore Kabab House (with its queues out the door), but I'd say Palace Spice gives the LKH food a run for the money and is a much more relaxing environment to sit in - and an easy walk home afterwards.

Go! You will not be disappointed!

#67 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

Glad you enjoyed but you should have tried the Bangla beer which are in a litre bottle size but are good to share.

Next time you go late you should ask if you could sample the staff curry ! its amazing & I always complain why its not on the menu, mind you you wont win any favours with the staff as its their diner but its got to be tried to believe it !

#68 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

We most certainly are! A bunch of us went there last night and had a fantastically flavoursome meal with friendly efficient service at a great price. A bit daunted by the many offerings on the menu, I simply asked for the Dazza special, and got not only a delicious vindaloo but loads of smiles and stories about their local celeb, Dazza!

This place ticks most of the boxes for me - great curries (both meat and veg), piping hot nan (both plain and garlic were excellent, with the latter not too fierce, but with a kind of sweetness that fresh garlic can have), Kingfisher on tap, and open late (at 10:20 people were still coming in and the place was lively)...

We thought we'd been kind of ruined for eating local Indian food as we've spent the last 4 months making regular trips to Whitechapel and getting a bit-over curried at the amazing Lahore Kabab House (with its queues out the door), but I'd say Palace Spice gives the LKH food a run for the money and is a much more relaxing environment to sit in - and an easy walk home afterwards.

Z, are you talking about the one on Commercial Road? If so, couldnt agree more. Fantastic place. It's actually Pakistani cuisine but i wont split hairs. Went to Pakistan in 2008 and I can tell you that LKH is proper authentic and true to its roots.

#69 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

the very same! LKH is quite an experience - makes you feel like you've been on a trip to vivid and vibrant when you go there. But loud.

#70 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

Couldn't agree more Ziwa. It was one of those great evenings. I very rarely venture off piste(well never actually). But the other night, (and much credit must go to Dazza, the Railings, NanaZ and my hero Uncle Wilf) I was happy to put myself in the very knowledgeable hands of Palace Spice and was treated to a beautifully spiced chicken dish, hot but not overpowering, tender and full of the most wonderful flavours. The veggies were perfect too. We were initiated about the cooking of Nan and yes the garlic nan was sweet, sweet, sweet. We will be back for sure. (and they guarantee that the tap water has been through atleast 7 people which is always a plus)

Edited by charlie, 06 April 2010 - 02:08 PM.

#71 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Couldn't agree more Ziwa. It was one of those great evenings. I very rarely venture off piste(well never actually). But the other night, (and much credit must go to Dazza, the Railings, NanaZ and my hero Uncle Wilf) I was happy to put myself in the very knowledgeable hands of Palace Spice and was treated to a beautifully spiced chicken dish, hot but not overpowering, tender and full of the most wonderful flavours. The veggies were perfect too. We were initiated about the cooking of Nan and yes the garlic nan was sweet, sweet, sweet. We will be back for sure. (and they guarantee that the tap water has been through atleast 7 people which is always a plus)

Did someone mention tap water? Excellent, my quest for the perfect manboobs rolls on!

#72 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Will be visiting the boys tonight as I was unable to partake in my usual weekend cuzza due to other commitments.

Will be sure to tell the boys of all the positive feedback rcvd as well.

Dazza

PS Water never touch the evil stuff myself !

#73 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:09 AM

Ah yes Palace Spice remains the finest ruby murray emporium in the locality. Went there with Mrs Wilf and my sister and brother-in-law for a (coughs) special birthday a week or so ago and quality remains high.

Will be right back after payday. Know what I mean.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#74 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hot off the press !

Monday nights at the Palace Spice just mention VN forum or my name Dazza to get a 10% discount of the total bill including drink.

This starts on the Monday 26th April & finishes on the 4th Monday after this date.

Enjoy !

Dazza

#75 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hot off the press !

Monday nights at the Palace Spice just mention VN forum or my name Dazza to get a 10% discount of the total bill including drink.

This starts on the Monday 26th April & finishes on the 4th Monday after this date.

Enjoy !

Dazza

So whats your cut then?