Photo

Gurkha Cottage

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (50 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. Good (30 votes [32.61%])

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

3. Average (8 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

4. Poor (4 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Carter simon

Carter simon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I may sound like I do work there, but I'm only one of a their customer as every one here is. So having a honest opinion doesnt mean that I have been paid. unless thats what going aroud CP and VN :)

#92 ptg23

ptg23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well Carter Simon we look forward to you posting on other threads in the forum if you dont work for GC... Have to agree it was a very strange first post. 

#93 Posie

Posie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

We took our Son's for a meal on Sunday, it was fantastic, our Youngest one was celebrating his Birthday, we didn't tell the waiter, but as he noticed us toasting him at the end of the meal he got a free icecream and we all had a free liquer!! They even sang Happy Birthday, Lovely!!! One of the best places to eat in Crystgal Palace, we will be back.......again!

#94 Curzon

Curzon

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Suspicious of some of the posts going up for the GC but paid a visit last night with two friends and it was excellent, superb curries and naans. One slight criticism was that the pickles etc to go with the poppadoms we're not the usual and not great.

#95 Biped

Biped

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

I love Gurkha Cottage - it's definitely my favourite. Their garlic chilli mogo starter is brilliant. And I am a real person, I assure you.

#96 crish1

crish1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

I recently moved to crystal palace and found the Outstanding typical dishes like aloo rayo , himchuli veg, chicken bhutwa at Gurkha cottage. It's one of the best I have ever had in Uk. Amazing food and fantastic service. love to be here.

Edited by crish1, 01 December 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#97 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

crish1 you wouldn't work for Gurkha Cottage would you?   Once again interesting choice of words.

Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#98 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I still feel it is nowhere as good as it was. I've gone back to getting take-aways from Shelina, something we haven't done for years . I was pleasantly surprised.

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#99 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

Gurkha is so back on form Fang. Have had a couple of the most delicious take-aways recently. Give them another go - 20 percent off if you order on line. They'll also give you the same discount by telephone if you ask.