Photo

Thai Crystal

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (11 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. Good (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 belli

belli

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

It's very friendly with great food. I recommend it.

#32 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Went into Thai Crystal last week after trying a couple of takeaways from there and being sent a very generous offer (free bottle of wine and 10% of meal). Very impressed. Decor seemed much more interesting that last time I went in there (when it was still Nim's Kitchen I think) and the food was great. Good portions (like their takeaways) and very tasty. One of the best Massaman's I've tasted (and that includes the ones eaten in Thailand). Nice friendly staff to, though I did here a table behind having to get their attention a couple of times.

It's not fine dining experience but a nice place to eat out all the same.

#33 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

What a coincidence! I returned to this thread to comment on the very same massaman curry - fabulous with lamb. The lemongrass chicken was a little salty for me and my bloke (with whom I was enjoying the much-mentioned first anniversary meal), but that didn't stop us asking for it to be boxed up and enjoying it for lunch the next day. the service was prompt, efficient and charming. Incidentally, it has taken me a couple of years to establish that the restaurant only changed its name and not its owner when it became Thai Crystal - the proprietor is the same lady who tragically lost her husband and two children in the tsunami.

#34 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hmm, had a takeaway form them last night and my massaman wasn't as good as the one they served up in the restaurant. But every cloud has a silver lining and this one was platinum. They put another offer in for 10% off meal and free bottle of wine for eating in there.

So I'll probably review it again soon :)

#35 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

had a take away from Thai Crystal yesterday for the first time - I think the food is better quality than at Tamnaq Thai ! I also received the 10% eat in money off and free bottle of wine offer. Definitely will try this again!

...palacegirl
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#36 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Went on NYE and had the massaman following recommendations on this thread. I had the beef version, and cor was it good. Just waiting to leave a civilised interval before having it again.The food at Thai Crystal is unquestionably better than the last time I went to Tamnag - tho to be fair I haven't been for years and I gather Tamnag have improved.

#37 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

went to thai crystal in november and had a lovely meal. service was charming as always. deserve to be busier - there's no contest between this and the other more popular thai restaurant on the triangle where they no longer appreciate your custom, to the point of unnecessary rudeness, and the food is just okay.

#38 Kurt

Kurt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Lovely when eating at the restaurant. Deliveries less memorable, not sure why.

#39 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

Went last night for a quick meal.

Service was excellent and very attentive and the food was very good.

My other half has recently been to Thamag Thai with her inlaws - her view is that the service and food at Thai Crystal is much better.

#40 Ozzie

Ozzie

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

This place must have the friendly staff on the triangle. Always made to feel extremely welcome, Consistantly delicious food and very reasonably priced. Not been to the Bigger Thai restaurant down the road but they would have to go some to be better than these guys.

#41 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Had a great takeaway from here tonight - the food is much improved since our last visit. We ordered and paid online - ever so simple and free delivery :)

#42 CapitAl

CapitAl

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I went to Thai Crystal on Saturday evening with a friend. We'd had a few by then so to make it easy just ordered the set menu, so I'm not exactly sure what we had! I do remember we plumped for the crispy duck with pancakes for starters. That and the main courses were all very good - it was fairly spicy but in a good way, you could still taste what you were eating. We both had a beer each  and coffee to end with and the price was very reasonable. Service very friendly too.

After not eating out in the Palace for a while have I've now been to Joannas, The Crystal Palace Market and Thai Crystal within a few weeks. All very different but all very good, we really are very lucky round here for the choice and quality of restaraunts on offer.

Al

#43 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Went to Thai Crystal early on Saturday evening with family.

I thought the food and service was very good washed down with a nice bottle of chang beer.

Overall this remains my favourite local thai restaurant.

#44 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

As a family we had another excellent meal her last Saturday. I would recommend it.