Photo

South East

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (22 votes [48.89%])

Percentage of vote: 48.89%

2. Good (14 votes [31.11%])

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

3. Average (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Poor (4 votes [8.89%])

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:32 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

South East
26 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace, London SE19 1RX
Open Monday to Saturday 6pm-11pm
Open Sunday 6pm-10.30pm

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1426

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 Dolly Dimple

Dolly Dimple

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:58 PM

The portions could be bigger, but there's no faulting the food here - nice and spicy, and the veggies are always very fresh. This was the place that convinced me that tofu could be worth eating! :D

#3 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 02:19 PM

Maybe I need to go there then, because I never have been able to see the point of tofu :blink: .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#4 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:51 PM

Always tased like something Parcel Force would use to me... Never been to South East though. Payday on Tuesday so maybe now's the time. :rolleyes:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#5 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:52 AM

Got a takeaway from here the other day as it's cheaper than Tamnag. The staff were all very friendly and the food was lovely. Not quite as good as Tamnag, I'd say, but if you just need to get your curry fix, it's a less expensive alternative - with friendlier service!
Dork Adore - the ultimate haven for geeks!

#6 Miss Chips

Miss Chips

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:20 PM

I really like SouthEast - great food and service. Perfect for a quick bite, and they're currently running an 'Earlybird' menu that is a choice of starters and mains for about £6 which is great value for money :D

#7 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:10 PM

We went here once, the food was very nice, but there didn't seem to be enough! That probably sounds terribly greedy, but we were still hungry afterwards! :D

#8 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:58 PM

:D

Generally good food and service with a smile but not quite as good as it used to be and I've been a regular since it first opened. Unfortunately the staff have changed which is perhaps something they should consider for the menu which could do with a revamp.

#9 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:13 AM

Went on sunday - back on form - good food and excellent very friendly service. A must.

#10 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:58 AM

I've been here twice now, since becoming exasperated with Tamnag Thai. The food has been faultless each time, with a lovely atmosphere and staff. Excellent value for money. Highly recommend, especially the Yellow Curry.

#11 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

This is easily the best Thai food joint in Crystal Palace now. Tamnag still has all the atmosphere but the food here is definitely better.

South East has become my number one for delivery which is no small feat as I've kind of lived for a friday night Shelina for about ten years...

#12 croesus

croesus

• Sponsors
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

Went last night - really, really good! As Charlie says, the staff are super and the food very well done. It's veggie heaven as well, with about 10 starters and 30 veggie main courses to choose from.

#13 charlottedare

charlottedare

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

Can only echo the other good comments here.

Our second visit on Saturday was just as good as the first - service was excellent and the bill was a bargain.

#14 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:36 AM

Another delicious meal at this establishment. Perfectly cooked stirfried vegetables with a very tasty yellow curry - sweet with just a bit of a kick. Impeccable service - always a delight to eat here.

#15 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:01 AM

Chose this place for the first time on Saturday night. Was taking the other 'arf out for his birthday and he fancied something spicy - both the larger Thai places looked a bit full so we thought we'd try South East, and we were both very impressed. Good food (and we ordered LOADS!), very nice service and even drinking champagne, the bill was still £70 for two - not bad value at all.