• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 OurPippin

OurPippin

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

The people at the sausage stall are fab - I bought 3 packets for 10, then got chatting to the olive stall and came away with tubs of the stuff, spent another 10. oh well, nothing like impulse buying to get the adrenalin flowing :)

#32 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

The people at the sausage stall are fab - I bought 3 packets for 10, then got chatting to the olive stall and came away with tubs of the stuff, spent another 10. oh well, nothing like impulse buying to get the adrenalin flowing :)

I bought the biggest foacaccia in the world. Unfortunately I made the schoolboy error of going to sainsbury's first and bought cakes - so couldn't stock up on more sweet stuff at the pie stall next to it (other than a brownie thing for the walk home) ;)

#33 jbphoto

jbphoto

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

Went along to yesterdays market at Victory Place (missed the one last month) and was rather disappointed. I got the impression that it was going to be much larger market, using the warehouses too.

Check out my Interior Photography Blog at http://jamesbalston.com

#34 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

A new thread was started about this market so I've now merged it with the existing topic and edited the title to reflect the fact that it's not just an Easter market.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#35 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

Good news for all french cheese lovers apparently the cheese stall will be back for the next market in June. :D

Dare I open a debate on unrefridgerated raw sausages being left in the sun at last weeks market. Is it just me or doesn't this present a health hazard? Very happy to be corrected as I am clearly missing out on some great sausages by all accounts!

#36 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

That's great news Charlie. I thought that stall was excellent and I look forwards to trying more of their cheese.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#37 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

Re sausages we weren't impressed. Chatty geezer, eyes glued to me cleavage. Lime and something (chilli?) sausages tasted more Rose's cordial than Thai. Didn't try the cheese stall but will give it a go.

Not sure about this place yet. It had a slightly dodgy vibe, as if someone's spotted a good marketing opportunity in pretend Farmers Markets. But then I am v. cynical.

#38 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

I agree - am not convinced at all by the overall market. There is plenty of room for improvement. The cheese makes it all okay though, believe me.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#39 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

yes the french cheese stall is yummy :)
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#40 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Well that's a unanimous vote for the cheese! Look forward to trying it.