Get Fit

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

I have been having fitness training and injury masage with Taylor. He is the best thing to happen in the Triangle for a very long time.I can't speak highly enough of him. His treatment and personal training has changed my life without any doubt and I would love you all to see for yourselves how he could change yours. Unfotunately a personal session although worth every penny is still a lot of money at 40 per seesion. I had the idea therefore of finding about fifteen people who want to train so that the price would be more affordable. Taylor has agreed to do this and if we get fifteen people, the cost would probably work out about 8 per persoan.

It will be on a first come first served basis. It will be on wednesdy evenings and we can decide between ourselves what time.I am going to ask a friend if we can use his lovely garden and I will post again when i have done so.

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

Can you tell us any more about what it might involve and roughly whereabouts it could be?

#3 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

How about using one of the great parks in the area? I'm interested in theory, buut like Spoon, would like to know a bit more.

#4 sads1

sads1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

This sounds like a great idea especially as I'm returning from a skiing injury and need lots of motivation but don't want to bear the brunt of personal training costs. Guess it might be difficult to find a night when everyone who's interested could do it so maybe post possible nights, timings and locations and see if enough people are all interested in the same ones???

Thanks for posting this - it sounds really good.

#5 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

Great idea Silver.keep us posted.

The original post says it is going to be on wednesday evenings Sads1.

#6 sads1

sads1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

Great idea Silver.keep us posted.

The original post says it is going to be on wednesday evenings Sads1.

I declare myself a complete idiot. Thanks Charlie

#7 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

OK Guys, Good to hear thats there is interest. I am going to investigate venues but think that wednesday evening is probably favourite right now for choice of evening. Of course if we get enough interest, we could possibly go for two evenings! I will report back on progress. My son has now benefited from Taylor's skill. My son has had a very painful shoulder since Christmas and Taylor is sorting it out .

Edited by Silver, 15 April 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#8 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

I may be interested in this but would need to know more about what the training would entail. Obviously, if it's in someone's garden there will be less room than in the park so the training activities may be different. Wednesday evenings are good for me, as long as the start time isn't too early. Keep us posted Silver and thanks for organising this.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#9 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

Nice idea SIlver.

I am interested in at least hearing more details.

#10 matt-h

matt-h

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

I'd be interested, but to sell it to me, I'd need to know what kind of training it is? Can we find out more please?

#11 izzywizzy

izzywizzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

Any news on this? I'd like to know more too.

#12 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

I have found a venue where we can be outside or in but I think it will only hold about six of us inside. It is the hall at All Saints Church. There is parking and a kitchen. I am also enquiring about my friend's garden and basement room which is in Church Road. I am sorry for the delay but I have very pressing things to sort out this week. I think the exercise will be cardio vascular and stretching but am sure that Taylor would discuss anything else that people might requitre. There is enough interest to proceed and I should have something more deffinate by end of next week. If we have to pay for the room, it will put the price up as ideally Taylor should get 50

#13 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'd be interested too Silver, thanks.

#14 Aimes

Aimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hi,

I realise its been a while now since the last post, but is there any news on this? I have been looking for a joint exercise group for a while now and would live to join in..

#15 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

OK guys and gals I have spoken to Taylor and he suggests Wednesday evenings at 7.30pm I am going to ask him to give me a start date and hope that you will come along and see what is on offer.
I am going to suggest that everyone pays 8 so he may have to earn less to start with until we build up numbers. I honestly don't know how good he will be with a group as I have only experienced his talents on a one to one basis but he certainly knows his stuff. Hope you will give it a try. Date of first session to be posted very soon so start warming up!