• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

This sounds good, great to hear it's going ahead. But could you give a bit more details, please? It's good to know he knows his stuff, but having never had personal training, I'd like to know a bit more about what this 'stuff' is, and what to expect. What does a session involve?

Also, would we meet every Wednesday?

#17 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

This sounds good, great to hear it's going ahead. But could you give a bit more details, please? It's good to know he knows his stuff, but having never had personal training, I'd like to know a bit more about what this 'stuff' is, and what to expect. What does a session involve?

Also, would we meet every Wednesday?

OK I have spoken to Taylor and he is ready to go. The first session will be next Wednesday and we will be doing it over the park. If we make it to the Autumn we will hire a hall or something. We will meet at Training Points shop which is opositie the entrance to Milestone Road, Park end of Church Road. (very near to the Croydon Enterprise office at number 18) If everyone who is interested could arrive there at 7.30pm we will go onto the park where we will find out exactly what is on offer. It will be 8 each
I am Looking forward to getting fit for the Summer and to seeing you all on Wednesday.

#18 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

[
OK The first session of the keep fit will be this Wednesday over tha park. We will meet outside Training POints 14 Church Road at 7.30pm and the cost will be 8

Please could people pm me if they are going to come along.

Thank you

See you in the open air on Wednesday!

#19 mandyt

mandyt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

I'm looking for motivation from July onwards whilst my running buddy is away for a couple of months.so group exercise sounds perfect.
Would like to know more about the type of training / exercise etc. crystal palace park could be a possible venue???
thanks.

just noticed more threads about this - you've obviously already started the sessions. is there room for more ppl? I can't find your email address to email you..

how did it go last weds?

Edited by mandyt, 08 June 2009 - 02:32 PM.

#20 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

I'm looking for motivation from July onwards whilst my running buddy is away for a couple of months.so group exercise sounds perfect.
Would like to know more about the type of training / exercise etc. crystal palace park could be a possible venue???
thanks.

just noticed more threads about this - you've obviously already started the sessions. is there room for more ppl? I can't find your email address to email you..

how did it go last weds?

Hi Our first session is this wednesday and we are meeting at Training Points 14 Church Road at 7.30 It would be great to have you on board. We hope to go over the park but if weather is bad, we can stay inside.
All are welcome so just come along. You don't have to sign up for further sessions - just ccome and see how you get on.

#21 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

Ok, we've had our first group session, here's what it was like:

There was just Silver and me finally, so on we got more attention than in a big group. Taylor is every bit as good as Silver said, and he managed our quite different fitness levels very well, I think. Ok, so I wasn't sweating blood at the end of the session, but today I have sore muscles in places I didn't know muscles existed. We had a two hour workout in CP Park, consisting of warm-up, weight exercises for different muscle groups, jumps and stretches. We did fun things you can't do in a gym, like throwing stuff up the hill, all in fresh air (and surprisingly good weather).

There was another much larger group exercising nearby, clearly also working hard, but like I said, the advantage of a small group is more attention. I wanted to do this to exercise with other people, and to get some tips and feedback on whether I'm doing stuff properly. I simply don't have the time for a Miracle Fitness bootcamp, no matter how good it sounds, so for me this is a great way to keep fit. I would warmly recommend it.

Thanks, Silver, for organising it!

#22 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

Katsku very kindly said different fitness levels. I would say different species!! That woman is fit!!! Taylor was impressed. However I did not feel out of place or inferior. I just did what I could and it was very enjoyable. So please come and join us next wednesday. You will enjoy it.

#23 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:30 PM

Come on guys and gals - doesn#t anyone else fancy this. A normal session costs 40 and we can have it for 8!! but only if we get a few more people. We really need another four to make it worth Taylor's while.
We enjoyed it so much last week so why not give it a go. It's wednesday at 7.30pm outside Training POints 14 Church Road. Let me know if you want to comed along. It really does not mater how unfit you are - Taylor is so kind that you won't feel uncomfortable. I am very unfit myself.

#24 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

To those of you considering it: come along, it's good fun and a good workout (and good value for money). Silver may have exaggerated my fitness level, but I do keep active, so I guess I'm fit-ish. Fit or not, my legs were still hurting going up and down stairs on Saturday after last Wednesday's session! Taylor has the kind of style that makes everything seem - if not easy, at least doable. Instead of pushing me to work harder, he just gently got me to push myself, without my noticing it until afterwards.

Looking forward to doing it all over again tonight! Let's hope it won't rain.

#25 Papillon

Papillon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

Hi there, I know this is slightly off topic but my friend and I are interested but we can't do Wednesdays. Is there any chance Taylor would consider setting up another session on a Monday or Tuesday if there were enough people?

#26 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Hi there, I know this is slightly off topic but my friend and I are interested but we can't do Wednesdays. Is there any chance Taylor would consider setting up another session on a Monday or Tuesday if there were enough people?

We might be able to do Tuesday if Katsku can make it. I will ask them tonight.

#27 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Tuesday is fine for me.

#28 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

OK guys, we have changed the day for you so look forward to seeing you next TUESDAY at 7.30 outside Training Points 14 Church Road. Of course we would welcome anyone else as well. We had four people this week and it was very good.

#29 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

We had four people last night and it was really good. The next session is next Tuesday. 7.30 8 Just come along and have some healthy fun. Bring a drink! (hardly any running!)

#30 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

Or not much running you would notice, as you're busy concentrating on something else. We ran up and down that hill about twenty times or so, playing fetch with heavy gym balls. Great fun. Something's going right: I hardly hurt today! Haven't tried stairs yet, though...