Photo

Ponte Nuovo

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (66 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (19 votes [28.79%])

Percentage of vote: 28.79%

2. Good (20 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

3. Average (16 votes [24.24%])

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

4. Poor (11 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

Here's a more recent review of this place. We went there last evening and had a good meal, spoiled only by the NOISE levels - in particular there was a small group on the table next to us who were shouting and laughing at very high volume which prompted us to leave after the main course. It was also pretty full which obviously doesn't help when there is little in the way of furnishing to absorb the noise, and I suspect some other parties had already had more alcohol under their belts!

Despite that we enjoyed the food - two of us had the sea bass fillets with crusted potato and spinach which was very tasty and came in generous portions, as indeed were our starters of melted goat's cheese on grilled veg. The staff were friendly and attentive. I would go back again if I could be sure of being able to hold a conversation, probably on a week day rather than Saturday night.
aka Pie

#47 Hesketh

Hesketh

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Went here last night. Very welcoming "head waiter" (for want of a better word) and attentive waitresses. Well-decorated. Gnocchi was good, as was the Di Capri pizza. House red was good. Music : Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits. Could be more vegetarian choice but it's a minor point. I'd go again (evidenced in this being my second visit).

#48 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Went here last night. Very welcoming "head waiter" (for want of a better word) and attentive waitresses. Well-decorated. Gnocchi was good, as was the Di Capri pizza. House red was good. Music : Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits. Could be more vegetarian choice but it's a minor point. I'd go again (evidenced in this being my second visit).

I have been saying for some time that the area lacked a good smart set restaurant providing great food at a reasonable price. I had given POnte Nuovo a clear birtha as I am on a pasta free diet but we went there the other night and WOW The decor, the music, the service and most importantly the food was fantastic. I had a wrack of lamb with home made tagliatelle, my partner had the chicken and my son had the home made chicken soup and a wonderful mediteranean salad. The wine was perfect and so was the pecan pie - very subtle, sophisticated pecan pie. This place has stepped up to the mark big time or maybe it has always been this good and I just didn't notice! I have been three times this week. The last time I enquired if they could give me a caesar salad (not on menu) No problem and excellent. I enquired if they could maybe do a waldorf and they said they could but would have to call it a Mussolini salad!

#49 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

I was thinking of booking a group party there but unfortunately their web site has disappeared ...? :unsure:
aka Pie

#50 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Another review from me for this eating place.
Been twice recently and have always been warmy welcomed.
Food is generally good and generous in portion size.
I agree that the music can be slightly loud depending on where you are seated but otherwise it one of my favourite eating placed in CP.
Nuff said.

#51 Hesketh

Hesketh

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Have to revise my opinion on this place after a visit last night. They were blasting out some 80's hits compilation so loud that I couldn't even hear what my friends across the table from me were saying. Asked a waiter if they'd turn the music down. He said, "Of course." They didn't. Nice wine, food was so-so. And judging by the waitress' face, she would rather be ANYWHERE but working there. Very poor. Won't be going back.

#52 jashman

jashman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

We've had a delicious couple of meals at this restaurant, and very friendly service. A fav for lunch and dinner.

#53 Marc.K1

Marc.K1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

I went here for Father's day and I could not fault it at all.

The service was excellent from everyone and we were made to feel very welcome, it was our first visit but they treated us like we had been going every week. The food was outstanding.

As to the music I really quire liked it, but perhaps that's my downfall!

Big thumbs up and we are definitely going again.

#54 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Tried this place again after a long gap due to a previously poor experience. Mixed experience this time. The food was good, especially the gnocci with gorgonzola, but the service was sloppy and the staff seemed disinterested. I asked for a Dubonnet, but when it arrived it wasn't it's usual rich red but straw coloured with bits of dark sediment floating in it :( The waiter seemed unhappy when I complained and would not accept that it was way past its best. He eventually took it away, and I asked for a glass of white wine - it was lukewarm when it arrived but I didn't feel that I could complain again (we were also charged for the Dubonnet and had to ask for it to be removed from the bill).

With ask the great restaurants in CP we won't be hurrying back, and if we want great Italian we will go to the always excellent Lorenzos.

Edited by Summit Lover, 24 July 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#55 domwah

domwah

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

I've always liked this place, lovely food, great service...and quick too. Lots of room to choose a good seat. I have tended to go in on sundays, and i'm pretty easy when it comes to choices, but I am a stickler for quality, and they always make me happy.

#56 Mobsy

Mobsy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Eaten here a few times. The food has always been excellent although they do seem a little disinterested sometimes when it comes to the service.

#57 meiradeco

meiradeco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

We ate there last night food was good but the sweet potatoe was under cooked, it was so raw i could not cut with a knife. Steak melted in mouth and other vege was fine. The service was a let them down indifferent and uninterested waiting staff is really not acceptable with the level of staffing they had. They were expecting a large party but no one checked until we had finished meal.

#58 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hi meiradeco - welcome to VN. I agree with you re the indifferent service, it lets down a fine looking place and reasonable - on the whole - food. Service is so important to the whole experience, no matter how good everything else is.

#59 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

This is my favourite Italian in CP
I was there twice over the Christmas period and I always get good food and super waitor service.

#60 tuggy

tuggy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Went here last night for the first time after hearing great things about it from my parents who ate here recently. It was a mixed experience but overall we were quite disappointed. The food was ok but very overpriced for what it was. We had calamari and pane all'aglio for starters, which were both excellent, particularly the calarmari - very tender, light batter and generous portion. For mains we had veal escalope with 'home fries' (chips) and monkfish with pernod and saffron sauce. The veal was delicious, although it was very dry and the dish as a whole was in dire need of a sauce of some kind; it would have gone much better with some spaghetti and a simple olive oil/garlic sauce. The chips were good though :) The monkfish was cooked very well but the saffron and pernod sauce was utterly tasteless. It had a great, buttery texture, but just no flavour whatsoever, which was a great shame. The monkfish was served with a 'potato gratin' which was essentially mashed potato that had been put under the grill to make it crispy and brown on the top. It was very dry and needed a great deal of salt and pepper. To drink we had a bottle of Montepulciano, which is always a winner. The desserts looked fantastic but we were too full to try any of them. The mains were £15.50 for the veal and £17.95 for the monkfish, both vastly overpriced in my opinion. For those prices I'd expect the food to be consistently excellent. The service was very good and quick but we won't be hurrying back...