Photo

Los Toreros

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (18 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Good (22 votes [36.67%])

Percentage of vote: 36.67%

3. Average (11 votes [18.33%])

Percentage of vote: 18.33%

4. Poor (9 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote

#16 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

trying the triangles wares again on a sunday... i think we set out to go to mediterranea... closed...remembered a curry house...no...ended hearing the other half saying now where??? i suggested a torre and headed for it...she thought i said tapas and headed to toreros...there were two ladies with prams waiting outside and the other halfs emerged saying it looked good but there was no one in there and left. We went for it and had seafood stew and chicken and chorizo stuff...and it was bloody good...yes it was nearly empty but it was good food.

i commend them... not the best the triangle has but really consistant... we left happy with the decision and they are now back up the pecking order...

#17 Mah-in

Mah-in

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

We went there for the first time back in November, on a Saturday night. It was packed. They apologised, and asked if we'd be happy to sit at one of the tables in the front/bar area. We were only too happy. It was vibrant, colourful, and the lady who runs the place couldn't do enough for us. My wife sat with her back to the window, and the window catch wasn't working properly, and the lady asked if we wanted to rearrange the table if my wife got cold. We ordered too much and couldn't eat it all, and it was all great and reasonably priced.

We've been back twice since; once with another couple, on a quiet night and we sat in the restaurant, and then a couple of weeks back with just us, and we sat out the front again. We actually prefer it there. On both occasions, we loved it. We always order too much, and walk out full, and the average bill with food and drink is 20 to 25 each. We are going back this Saturday, with friends.

I've scrolled through other people's comments, and I'm not sure how to approach them. Maybe it's because I'm new here, and I will understand with time.....

Many don't like it when they look in and it's empty. I think part of the problem is that it is a big place. Ten people in Domali's or Numidie looks fine, but in Los Toreros, it does look empty. Don't let it discourage you. Ask to sit at the front, and you will love it.

Someone complained that the food wasn't stodgey....... Someone else complained that the food arrived too soon...... I'm not sure if these were serious. Maybe someone's taking the proverbial?....

Anyway, I love the place. It scores another plus too; and I may annoy a few people here; but it looks like a nice place to go on a Friday night or Saturday night for a drink. I've found that Crystal Palace pubs aren't the best. I quite like the White Hart, but because it's decent, it's too packed on weekends. The rest are either old man pubs, Sky pubs, or I probably-better-not-say pubs. Los Toreros has a nice front area, with tables and stools, a nice bar, music that's not too over the top, and LOVELY staff. I can only assume they have sacked the ones mentioned in earlier comments.

Better go before you think I work for them. See you there Saturday!

#18 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

Had lovely tapas here last night. Atmosphere good but not packed to the gills. We didn't have time for the included dessert and the glass of wine/coffee at the end of our set menu so they took our bottle of wine off the bill to get round it. Would definitely go again. Neighbours tried the place last week and said the same.

#19 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

I haven't been in there for a while, I think I just got out the habit, but I agree that the front bar is a lovely little place for a drink (you don't have to eat in that part, although you can). I always found the tapas OK, maybe not 'wow' but I never tend to think that about tapas anyway. But I haven't eaten in there recently so can't vouch for them right now. Maybe I'll pop in there again sometime.

#20 globalviks

globalviks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

I paid my first visit to Los Toreros with a couple of girlfriends who had not been to CP before and we all loved it. The decor is nice, the staff friendly and helpful and the food was delicious, with surprisingly large portions for tapas. Will definitely be going there again. Only thing was it was pretty quiet when we went (on a Friday evening) which was a shame but the live guitarist helped to boost the atmosphere! I guess it is a large venue so difficult to fill but if its quiet when you go in don't let that put you off - we really need to support our local restaurants, bars etc or we will lose them and Los Toreros is definitely a restaurant that I don't want to disappear from the Triangle!

#21 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

Thats a good point globalviks (may i call you viks? :-))

Its like villages in the country are up in arms when their local pub is going to be sold. If they frequented it in the first place it wouldnt be closing. Myself and Mrs. COYI have made a point of doing a circuit of all the restaurants in the triangle, and bars for that matter.

#22 Koo

Koo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

I totally agree "use it or you could lose it" and it would be a shame to lose Los Toreros as I feel it is quite 'special'. They have the best cocktails on the block and their 'specials' are tasty and great value. Check out their new website: www.lostoreros.co.uk.

#23 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

i went for a lovely tapas lunch on sunday - brilliant! great service, lovely food and relaxing atmosphere. we had 5 dishes which they said would be enough for us both (so gold star for telling us to not order more), definately will go back again for tapas although they do roast dinner and all the trimmings on sundays...
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#24 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

I love this place - we were in on friday night for tapas - enjoyed it a lot as usual! Service is always excellent!

#25 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

I do love Los Torreros, mainly because of Mimi and Sula (?sp). The service is excellent and friendly, and I love the opulent surroundings.

I think the tapas is ok, but could do with a more regular re-vamp of the menu. The cocktails are not really up to scratch (when you compare to the offerings in the Exhibition Rooms and Numidie Bar), but the various red wines are normally pretty good. The main attraction to me is the friendly, laid back atmosphere - and the fact that we always get a warm welcome.

#26 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Had a nice, relaxed drink at the bar in here yesterday.

#27 Koo

Koo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

Has anyone tried the Cabaret Lunch? They are having one this sunday with Maisie Trollette, drag queen and a set menu. I was thinking of going but wanted to know if anyone has been before and what they thought of it.

Koo

#28 clairy

clairy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

I hadn't been here for ages as I wasn't impressed with the food last time but decided to try it again and had a lovely dinner here last night. They are doing a special tapas menu for two people for 22. We got so much food patatas bravas, tortilla, king prawns, meatballs, calamari, tuna fishcakes, garlic mushrooms , chorizo, maybe more! and an almond tart for dessert. Thought it was really good value for money. Will def be going back. It was nice to see it was pretty busy and I love the bar at the front.

#29 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'm impressed that the CP drag scene is so busy that there is a lunchtime show! This corner of London is more weird and wacky than I thought!

#30 Woody

Woody

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

Really enjoyed the food here the two times i have been. The Muscle bucket is huge!!! The Margaritas are pretty nice too.