• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kproudlove

kproudlove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

My name is Kate and I've been teaching singing and piano for over 10 years. I work from my studio at home which is 5 mins walk from the triangle and Crystal Palace station. I teach both children and adults at all levels and cover exam preparation, audition coaching and technique. I have experience in all styles of music and particularly enjoy working with music theatre and contemporary vocalists. Students are welcome on a regular or casual basis.

I also run workshops for singers and will soon be putting out dates for a 6 week course for complete beginners and a one day performance workshop open to anyone who is performing or wishes to perform in front of an audience. If you are interested in going in the mailing list for these events, please get in touch.

www.kateproudlove.co.uk
kate@kateproudlove.co.uk

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

I've had singing training with Kate on and off for around six years and attended her last soloists' workshop at Antennae Studios. She has offered really useful performance advice to my acappella group and recorded a great warm-up CD for us that we still use before gigs. I can thoroughly recommend her, whatever your ability or aspirations!

Gill
www.myspace.com/thefewproject

#3 theperyls

theperyls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

I've attended several of Kate's performance workshops, they're run in small groups, so there's lots of one-to-one guidance and students can offer feedback on each other's performances. It's great for anyone who wants to understand the art of connecting with an audience, rather than just singing at a bunch of people and hoping for the best... I've since taken other band members along and come away with many a valuable lesson!

John Wesley, The Peryls

www.myspace.com/theperyls

Edited by theperyls, 15 September 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#4 kproudlove

kproudlove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

I will be running a performance workshop for singers at Antenna Studios on Sunday 22nd November between 12-00pm and 2-30pm. It's open to anyone who is currently performing or is preparing to do so. The atmosphere will be friendly and informal so please get in touch if you would like to come and sing or come along to listen.

I also have a 6 week singing course for beginners starting on Wed 6th Jan at Antenna Studios between 8-30pm and 9-30pm for anyone who wants to improve their voice.

Full details are on my website www.kateproudlove.co.uk under workshops and courses and if you have any questions then please give me a call on 07931 543 650.

Kate.