• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

I saw Nadia Sawalha walking down Westow Hill today, had just come out of Nero. Just thought i'd share that :) any chance of getting her signed up to the Cinema Campaign? She'd be a celeb who actually lived here. She must've seen the posters...

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

She writes the cookery column in The Transmitter mag so they must have her contact details...

#3 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

I am sure she has seen the posters but I imagine she has many other committments and perhaps she wants to retain some amount of anonimity/normality in CP which isn't unreasonable- it must be difficult leading a normal life when you are so well known. It's very good of her to contribute to the Transmitter.

#4 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

well coming out of Nero with her buddy, and wearing a wooly hat and no make up, she seems to be enjoying normality round here :) (apart from me gawping out the car window going "that's Natalie Swahala!")

#5 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

I have actually met Uncle Wilf on 2 occasions now ! But I have been sworn to secrecy regards his true identity I asked for his authograph but he refused !

Its amazing the people you meet in the Palace Spice !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#6 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

(apart from me gawping out the car window going "that's Natalie Swahala!")

Well I wouldn't do that - her name is Nadia!
aka Pie

#7 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

David Haye used to eat in the Palace Spice regularly when he trained at the Palace !

#8 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

I have actually met Dazza on 2 occasions. He's not as tall as he looks on the television but he was very down-to-earth and approachable.

Palace Spice is the place to be for star-spotting, ladies and gentlemen.

The regular clientele there are a rich tapestry of glitterati.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#9 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

David Haye

100% Legend.

I keep seeing Mark Steel around. I think he avoids me since I shouted "Swanley Boy!" at him in the pub...! I was just alluding to the fact that we both share the same home town. Now he thinks I'm a stalker. :unsure:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#10 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Mark Steel little girl is the same age as my boy & have shared the same child minder since forever !

Uncle Wilf is still my biggest Star to date !

#11 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

I keep seeing Mark Steel around. I think he avoids me since I shouted "Swanley Boy!" at him in the pub...! I was just alluding to the fact that we both share the same home town. Now he thinks I'm a stalker. :unsure:

Poor guy must be scared to leave the house. I keep seeing him around too, and one time without thinking - just knowing that I knew him from somewhere - I said a cheery 'Hi!' and got a blank response. Don't blame him, he must get a lot of double takes. Probably not anyone as nuts to make out they know him though.

#12 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Met Julian Francis in the Alma yesterday whilst watching the gooners get beat by the Mancs yesterday afternoon.

Just in case you dont know he is he was the former English Heavyweight Champion & fought Tyson & Bruno you gotta have big respect just to get in the ring with those guys.

Nice guy shame his a gooner fan .

Dazza

#13 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

Stephen Amos came to my Halloween party last year. And my next door neighbour used to be in Family Affairs and Casualty but she isn't an actress anymore, she is a dramatherapist.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#14 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

Moc, there was a lady called Kazia who used to be in Family Affairs and Casualty who lived in my Mum & Dad's road in Sydenham - is it the same lady?

#15 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

I know who you mean, but no - my neighbour's name is Becky. In Family Affairs, she played a lady who had an affair with her step-son. Nice!
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage