140 replies to this topic

#16 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

Kat from Family Affairs (married to Dave)/Eastenders (married Nigel) lives in South Norwood. Is this the same lady?

#17 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

I saw Mick Jones (from the Clash) in a hostelry in Ladbroke grove a few years ago and got so excited I almost followed him into the gents but these things can be misinterpreted and the police may have been called so I held back and acted all casual about the whole thing.

I've seen Mark Steel around a fair a bit and also Mark Thomas as few years ago in Il Ponte at the Palace.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#18 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Have seen various celebs over the years wilf & have never felt the need to follow them into the loos thank god the loos in Palace spice are so small you couldnt follow me in there wilf !

Had a massage in a hotel once & the masseuse had given david bowie a massage ! How about that !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#19 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

A massage, Dazza? ;)

#20 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

You can relax Dazza it's not a habit of mine. In Palace Spice I'd be keeping an eye on my bangla know what I mean.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#21 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

Yep !

#22 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

Stephen Amos came to my Halloween party last year.

I saw Stephen in Brighton on Sunday... absolutely hilarious and with very little let up in his act, most of which was ad-lib and audience participation. He asked us to mention to the Internet masses that the BBC have just commissioned his own show and filming starts in London in a couple of months time.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#23 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

Left work early a few weeks ago & got a Brighton train for London Bridge was getting a ticket tthere was a short funny man standing behind me on closer inspection i saw it was david day out of dollar.

Got on train & he was again standing right behind me ! They say TV puts pounds on you but by judging by his height it must also put feet on you !

He could have easily auditioned for an oompah loompah !

Dazza

#24 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

I saw Mick Jones (from the Clash) in a hostelry in Ladbroke grove a few years ago and got so excited I almost followed him into the gents but these things can be misinterpreted and the police may have been called so I held back and acted all casual about the whole thing.

I've seen Mark Steel around a fair a bit and also Mark Thomas as few years ago in Il Ponte at the Palace.

A friend of mine said he actually did do that with Elvis Costello...

And a few years ago, my parnter ended up next to Sean Connery in the loo at a restaurant. Someone (else!) actually asked Mr Connery for an autograph. Potentially not very hygienic, amongst other things.

Among my best star spots (not in Norwood) have been John Hurt, Derek Jarman (many years ago) and Michael Palin.

But most of them don't count, because I was an undergraduate working in the West End. (Again quite a while ago!)

Edited by RachelF, 10 February 2010 - 03:44 PM.

Rachel
My link

#25 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Does Croydon count? Saw Dame Judy Dench in Ikea of all places...

#26 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

No! Are you sure???
aka Pie

#27 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

No! Are you sure???

Yes. My husband and I had the same sort of reaction. Thinking "Bloody Hell, she can surely afford to shop somewhere else...". But then again, why should she? She was with a young woman who might be her daughter, grand daughter, niece or what ever and it looked like a classical "first-flat-shopping". They had a very very full trolley and where standing in the cue next to us. She really has quite an unmistakable face, so yes, I am sure.

#28 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

Yes. My husband and I had the same sort of reaction. Thinking "Bloody Hell, she can surely afford to shop somewhere else...". But then again, why should she? She was with a young woman who might be her daughter, grand daughter, niece or what ever and it looked like a classical "first-flat-shopping". They had a very very full trolley and where standing in the cue next to us. She really has quite an unmistakable face, so yes, I am sure.

I used to work there when there was only two shops in London so we used to get a great array of famous faces coming through...actors/actresses, sportspeople, politicians and so on...
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#29 matt-h

matt-h

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

One doesn't really imagine Dame Judy in such mundane circumstances! ;)

I saw Sawalha in Sainsbury's once, that's my only star spot in these here woods -- though up in town I've spotted Trevor Eve (looking at coats in Harrods), Danny Wallace (sauntering down Oxford Street) and Simon Amstell (with his mates in the bar at Curzon Soho Avenue.)

#30 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

I saw Bill Nighy walking down South Molten St, Chris Eubank walking along station road Brighton and Brian May up on the embankment south of Tower Bridge. Round here only really the faces mentioned already, althoughI did order a Pizza the other day and the bloke on the moped took his helmet off and it was Tony Blair.

Ok - I lied about one of the above