• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 jbphoto

jbphoto

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

East Sussex. Born Hastings, student in Brighton. Then to North London (Islington, Stoke Newington, Tuffnell Park). Never dreamed I'd cross the river, but found home in CP. Here for the foreseeable but may end up in Bavaria!

Check out my Interior Photography Blog at http://jamesbalston.com

#17 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

Born in Germany (Cologne), grew up in France (Provence). Moved to Berlin to work, then to Paris, then studied in New York and Munich, went back to Cologne and landed in London CP married to a scouser.
Bit of a journey, but happy it all ended here!

#18 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

Born in King's College Hospital, grew up in Gipsy Hill. Moved to Sydenham when I was 10. Went to university in Norwich, and had a year abroad in Marseille. Moved to CP (or is it Anerley? Never sure what Orchard Grove counts as!) a couple of years ago. Mr M is from Albania, and I lived over there for a few months back in 2004.

#19 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

The short version is Helsinki via Liverpool, Tampere (Finland) and Portsmouth. The longer version includes a lot of moving around within and between those places and short stints here and there. We've now lived in CP for nearly four years, the longest I've ever stayed in one place since I left home. I once counted I'd moved house 23 times, but that was ages ago and I've lost count since. By the look of it that's nothing unusual around here. I find the mix of natives, globetrotters and everything in between one of the most interesting and fun things about living here.

#20 vickyp

vickyp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Lancashire to Glasgow to Lancashire, back up to Glasgow for uni then down to London for uni then jobs. Camberwell, Brixton Hill, Walthamstow then finally Crystal Palace

#21 novascotianboy

novascotianboy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

Antigonish,Canada - to West Norwood - to CP

#22 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Wilmslow, Gatley, Preston, Manchester, Thessaloniki, Poznan, Streatham, Stoke Newington, Herne Hill, Gipsy Hill, Crystal Palace.

Sorry I'm so late - b***** engineering works.

#23 hild

hild

Gardening Geek

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

Back end of beyond in rural Norway through Gothenburg (Sweden) to Rotherhithe to Tenerife to Rotherhithe again, then South Bermondsey and finally West Norwood - feel I'm done with migration now! I love it here... :D

#24 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

Born in Pembury - England, - moved to Canterbury as a nipper, - formative years spent in St Brelades, St Peters and St Helier - Jersey Channel Islands , - teenage years spent in Douglas and Maughold - Isle of Man - home of the TT - about the only good thing going for the island , back to Kent - Upper Ruckinge next village up from Ruckinge (lower)- just up from the Romney Marsh & the longest my family have lived in one place, one year in Cowley, Oxford, followed by Stratford, Walthamstow, back to Upper Ruckinge, off again to Balham, Streatham, Clapham North, Bristol, Norbury, Gipsy Hill where I met the wonderful Andreas :hugkiss: , and, finally Crystal Palace - no more moving for me - CP is where the heart is. Viva Crystal Palace and all who live here B).

#25 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

Errrr.... SE19 to SE25 for one year then back to SE19. I got a gipsy heart.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#26 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

Born in Pembury - England, - moved to Canterbury as a nipper, - formative years spent in St Brelades, St Peters and St Helier - Jersey Channel Islands ,

Lucky you Charlie growing up St Brelades ... what a beach! For myself, quite different scenery in East London (Bethnal Green, used to buy mum flowers in the now-famous Columbia Rd market which is also where I went to primary school - secondary school in Spitalfields - all unaffordable nowadays of course). When grown-up I moved to Auckland Road for a couple of years, then on marriage moved to Herne Hill, returning to lovely CP post-divorce. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
aka Pie

#27 centralhilleagle

centralhilleagle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

From Hamburg to Kuwait to Qatar to Oman to Dublin to Surrey to West Norwood to Croydon to CP. Bought a place here nearly 5 years ago and plan to stay for a good while.

#28 Heather

Heather

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:07 PM

No wonder its so interesting round here, we are truly international

#29 jbphoto

jbphoto

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

So many German connections, including my bavarian partner. Perhaps we should organise our own CP christkindlmarkt or oktoberfest?!

Check out my Interior Photography Blog at http://jamesbalston.com

#30 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Born in Thornton Heath - went to school in Upper Norwood / CP and have lived in CP ever since '97....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com