• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for grabbing the steering wheel while I was asleep Redbunny  :D Yep, everything you say is correct. 

As it's the run-up to Christmas (our first appearance is on 30 November at the Christ Church Advent Fair), like most choirs we're madly practising our Xmas songs and carols. So unless you're a confident sight-reader mpfg, you might want to wait til after Christmas when things are back to normal.

On the other hand, if you fancy doing really Christmassy stuff and singing with a bunch of people you'll get to know pretty well pretty fast, you'd be more than welcome to come along -  8-9.30pm every Tuesday, at the Goodliffe Hall on Highland Rd SE19 1DP.  

Here's our facebook page with all the info (set up by Redbunny's own fair hands): https://www.facebook...CommunityChoir/

Or drop us a line: crystalpalacecommunitychoir@hotmail.co.uk

#152 mpfg

mpfg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

As I cannot sight-read music and you all seem pretty advanced in your programme for Christmas festivities I think I will wait till January

Thanks

#153 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Fair nuff. I don't read music and I think I'd find it a bit daunting tbh. Hope we'll see you in January.

If you're going to the Christ Church Advent Fair on Saturday 30 November, we'll be singing from 2.30-3.15pm. And again at The Secret Garden on 14 December, 5.30-6.30pm. If you're around come and say hi!

#154 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Are you bringing snow with you Nanazola?

#155 Hockney

Hockney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Definitely interested. Thanks for organising.

#156 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Are you bringing snow with you Nanazola?

Wouldn't that be fabulous!! Though on second thoughts people might not be buying their Christmas trees in a blizzard, so we'll be trilling away to fresh air... :huh:

Definitely interested. Thanks for organising.

You're welcome Hockney! Are you interested in joining the choir? If so please see my post #151. We'll break for Christmas after 14th December, then probably be starting again on Tuesday 7th January. When the date's confirmed I'll leave the details on the choir hotmail autoreply (also in #151).

#157 patricinha

patricinha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

wow , they will have a christmas choir ?

#158 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

wow , they will have a christmas choir ?

If you mean The Secret Garden, patricinha - yes they will - Crystal Palace Community Choir will be singing there on 14 December, 5.30-6.30pm  :)

Edited by Nanazola, 23 November 2013 - 09:33 PM.