• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#16 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

That's great! Come when you can. Look forward to seeing you and Charlie for some trills and thrills.

Zubin's full of ideas and enthusiasm, and is keen to try out lots of different styles. Here's a suggestion:

:yawn: Whaaaaaaah, Bodyform....

ShTrills and more sthrills :lol:

#17 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

We don't know if we can sing, but a friend and i would love to give it a try!

Just wanted to ask if the list to sign up is still in Bookseller Crow?

Thanks.
Aunty

Great stuff. Yes, I think you can still sign up at Bookseller Crow Aunty - I passed by today and the sign was still up in the window. I'm sure people can just come along anyway, but obviously it's useful if Zubin has your contact details.

Look forward to meeting you both on Tuesday 19th Jan, 8-9.30pm, Antenna Studios.

#18 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Me and a friend will be there but I am unable to get to the bookseller to sign us up.

Really looking forward to it! I miss being in a choir (although I'm not a great singer!) as my sixth form one clashed with my mentoring so I couldn't join.

See you then! :)
Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#19 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

Great, see you on Tuesday 19th Miss Emma!

#20 Aunty

Aunty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Great stuff. Yes, I think you can still sign up at Bookseller Crow Aunty - I passed by today and the sign was still up in the window. I'm sure people can just come along anyway, but obviously it's useful if Zubin has your contact details.

Look forward to meeting you both on Tuesday 19th Jan, 8-9.30pm, Antenna Studios.

Thanks for that Nanazola! Found the list, signed up and looking forward to cracking a few windows on Bedwardine Road next Tuesday! :-)

#21 skylark

skylark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hi I would like to join the choir dont have much singing experience but would love to give it a go , are there still places left ? I maynot beable to get to the first meet up , is that ok? thanks

#22 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hi skylark, don't worry we're all in the same boat! At least you have the right name :) There's no limit on places, the more the merrier. I'll mention to Zubin that you can't make it this week.

#23 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

Just a reminder that it's the first meeting of the choir tomorrow - 8-9.30pm at Antenna Studios. All welcome, you don't need to have signed up first. See you there!

#24 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

Just a reminder that it's the first meeting of the choir tomorrow - 8-9.30pm at Antenna Studios. All welcome, you don't need to have signed up first. See you there!

Just lubricating the vocal chords now NanaZ;-)

#25 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

Wow, what a great inaugural meeting of the choir last night! About 40 people packed into Antenna Studios - an impressive turnout on a cold, dark schoolnight in January.

We started off with loosening-up and breathing exercises, Zubin's infectious enthusiasm dispelling any nerves or embarrassment. Then we split ourselves into sopranos, altos, tenors and basses, and within an hour were belting out a rather lovely harmonious introduction to The Beatles' 'All you need is love'. It took me a while to get the hang of singing my notes when we all sang together, but I got there in the end.

As for the Leonard Bernstein 'Du bing, du bang' warm-up song - kerrazy but massive fun. Sad to say I've already forgotten the tune, and can't read the music Zubin supplied, but I'm sure it'll all come back to me next week.

Thanks to everyone who came - a friendly, up-for-it crowd as they say! And special thanks to Zubin for getting this off the ground, finding the venue, planning the evening, printing the music, playing the piano - and making us all feel comfortable, no matter how odd the noises we made or faces we pulled.

Still on a bit of a high and can't wait for next Tuesday. If you couldn't make it, don't worry, just roll up next week.

#26 Redbunny23

Redbunny23

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

As for the Leonard Bernstein 'Du bing, du bang' warm-up song - kerrazy but massive fun. Sad to say I've already forgotten the tune, and can't read the music Zubin supplied, but I'm sure it'll all come back to me next week.

I wish I could forget the tune - proper brain worm! Du be ding-i-di-bing, ding-i-di-bang etc etc.

Great night - it's so long since I sang in a choir but didn't feel at all like a fish out of water which was great. Thank you everyone!

#27 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

Absolutely brilliant night! Zubin is so encouraging and enthusiastic that any nerves I had completely went!

I can't get the warm up song out of my head (very distracting when trying to revise!) and can't wait for next week! And I worked out today why Zubin looked familiar - he was in Little Dorit and, more recently, the new series of Hustle.

See you all next week :)

#28 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Du bi ding dong ding dong ding dong. Mental, I can not stop singing this and have been annoying my colleagues all day DONG.

LOL and there was a lot of love, love, love. It has certainly put a smile on my face.

#29 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

That's great! Come when you can. Look forward to seeing you and Charlie for some trills and thrills.

Zubin's full of ideas and enthusiasm, and is keen to try out lots of different styles. Here's a suggestion:

:yawn: Whaaaaaaah, Bodyform....

you should see my 20 stone boyfriend do a rendition of this, fists clenched, eyes closed, whenever that advert of the guy being hypnotised comes on :D i'm considering a secret film and posting on youtube

#30 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

Du bi ding dong ding dong ding dong. Mental, I can not stop singing this and have been annoying my colleagues all day DONG.

LOL and there was a lot of love, love, love. It has certainly put a smile on my face.

By the end of that song the word 'love' no longer sounded like a word!