• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#31 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

Running slightly late for choir practice tonight - I was greeted by the most amazing sound coming from the top floor of Antenna Studios. And only after 3 weeks - wow I am impressed - we'll make a choir yet. Singing is fun!

#32 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

I've been singing along with my recording - it really does help.
:yawn: Jesu, meine freude...

#33 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

Is this the recording that Zubin was going to email us? Or did you make this one yourself? (just curious because I haven't had the email from Zubin yet)
Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#34 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

Scratch that last comment. Email now received :)

#35 harridan

harridan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hey, this sounds fabulous! Only just seen this thread- is it too late to join? I would love to come and belt out some tunes...

#36 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

I'm sure it won't be too late to join up Harridan. It'll be our 4th meet-up this coming Tuesday, but we go through every part (soprano, alto, tenor, bass) thoroughly. If you've got any musical knowledge it'll help, but for most of us it's just a matter of practising over and over.

Luckily Zubin has the patience of a saint, the skill of Simon Rattle and the energy of...a very energetic person, so the hour and a half whizzes by. And occasionally we get to make truly wonderful sounds.

Anyway probably best to check with with Zubin. If you PM me I'll put you in touch.

Scratch that last comment. Email now received :)

It's good isn't it!

#37 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

It's brilliant but the tune is completely different to the one I have been singing at home. :o

#38 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

I think you and me have invented a new part - sopralto! :D

#39 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

I'll ding dong that NanaZ. or altoprano even :lol:

Jesu mei__ne Fre_ude

#40 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:23 AM

The recordings in the email really are brilliant! It's definitely helping as I can hold the tune fairly well when it is only the altos singing, but the moment any other parts join in my tune is replaced with whichever one is loudest!

Bring on the next rehearsal! :D

#41 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

Spot on miss emma. Exactly the same problem I am having. See you on tuesday.

#42 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Zubin says sorry, but due to the fact we can barely fit into Antenna studio any more, the choir is having to close its doors to new members. Unless you're a man! Our current band of tenors and basses is brilliant - you sounded gorgeous on Tuesday guys - but still greatly outnumbered by alts and sops. So if any blokes fancy coming along please do. Apologies to any women who were thinking of joining.

#43 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Men men men men, manly men men men... please bring your basso profundos to add more bottom to our girlish trillings!

Seriously, we have got 10 or so tenors and basses who are doing a grand job, but they're way outnumbered by us laydeez.

So if you've ever thought of joining a choir and have xy chromosomes, come along and have the time of your life belting out such classics as:

Here, there and everywhere
Somebody to love
The Bach motet Jesu meine freude
Gospel song Sometimes I feel like a motherless child

...and many more. You don't need to be able to read music - a lot of us can't - though I imagine it helps.

We've moved to a new venue - Christ Church on Gipsy Hill, the one next to Madonna Mansion, and home of who to many is CP's spiritual father, Rev Andrew (of Effras fame). The church entrance is on Highland Rd.

The choir is not religious in any way, though we do sing some religiousy songs, cos they're beautiful.

Every Tuesday, 8-9.30pm. Very friendly, fun, slightly challenging and deeply rewarding!

Edited by Nanazola, 06 March 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#44 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

Sorry, this is turning into a one-poster thread... but wow, great choiring tonight everyone. Love the new venue. We sounded good. And Z was on fire!

Great to have more new joiners, good on you and hope you'll be back.

Still need more men!

#45 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Could anyone who went to choir last Tuesday tell me what you did? Very looking forward to reuniting tomorrow.

Also, mods, would it be possible to change the name of this thread to 'Palace Community Choir'? We're not new any more, and you can't sign up at Bookseller Crow.

Thanks, N.