Photo

Virtual Norwood January Get Together

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Virtual Norwood January Get Together (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to attend?

1. Yes, definitely (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Yes, maybe (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. No, maybe next time (14 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

Following Gekko's post, I am happy to try to organise the next VN get together. How does late January sound (probably a bit late to try anything for Dec now)?

Can anyone recall which pub/bar we were due to meet at next after the venue voting that occurred some months ago?

Edited by gekko, 14 January 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#2 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Following Gekko's post, I am happy to try to organise the next VN get together. How does late January sound (probably a bit late to try anything for Dec now)?

Can anyone recall which pub/bar we were due to meet at next after the venue voting that occurred some months ago?

Was it The Park?
I am up for meet up.

#3 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

No, we already did The Park. Looking back at the July thread, the White Hart was next on the list.

SL - let me know if you want a poll to decide dates, venues or number.

Edited by gekko, 17 December 2009 - 11:00 AM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#4 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:17 PM

Someone on the 'other' thread mentioned the Bridge House. I'm sure that has been done too! In my lurking days, i seem to remember it was definitely held there. Late 2007 if i remember rightly

#5 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:39 PM

Yes the Bridge House was done but not recently. Not that it really matters - the main thing is to choose a venue where you can get quite a bit of seating together and that doesn't get too mobbed. Both the Bridge House and The Park are good for this - we had a separate room in The Park. From experience, if you have it on a week night, most venues are fine. If you have it on a Friday, some places like the White Hart are best avoided as they get very busy.

Edited by gekko, 17 December 2009 - 01:48 PM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#6 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

Yes the Bridge House was done but not recently. Not that it really matters - the main thing is to choose a venue where you can get quite a bit of seating together and that doesn't get too mobbed. Both the Bridge House and The Park are good for this - we had a separate room in The Park. From experience, if you have it on a week night, most venues are fine. If you have it on a Friday, some places like the White Hart are best avoided as they get very busy.

Such a good post, you posted it twice :P

#7 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

Oops - edited it now.

That's happened to me a few times recently but usually I notice before hitting submit. Not quite sure why it's doing that as I definitely didn't copy and paste the text.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#8 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

I've not been to the Bridge House, would like to give it a go if others willing. But can't do Thursdays, so if that's the best day for everyone ignore this post!

#9 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

I've not been to the Bridge House, would like to give it a go if others willing. But can't do Thursdays, so if that's the best day for everyone ignore this post!

Make that two: I haven't been to Bridge House and can't make Thursdays either.

#10 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

Venue suggestions... The Black Sheep, The White Hart and The Albert.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#11 kinchyuk

kinchyuk

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

+1 for The Bridge. Apart from being a lovely venue at reasonable prices, I'm lazy and as it's only around the corner.. :)

#12 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

+2 - ditto!

#13 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

Ok - thank you for the replies so far :)

It looks as if the White Hart was next on the list after the round of votes some months ago. It also looks like thursdays are out for some. I doubt we will get a day that suits all, but I will memo Gekko and ask her to set up a poll for either Wednesday 20th or Tuesday 26th January.

#14 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

Okay, I've set up the poll. The venue will be the White Hart. Vote away...
Mel, Forum Moderator

#15 Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

Okay, I've set up the poll. The venue will be the White Hart. Vote away...

I would love to go the White Hart. It's a more convenient venue for me coming from work. I will look forward to it.