Photo

Virtual Norwood January Get Together

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Virtual Norwood January Get Together (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to attend?

1. Yes, definitely (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Yes, maybe (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. No, maybe next time (14 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Sido

Sido

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

i would very much like to meet up as i want to get to know some people in especially THIS area...there must be some nice people out there :blink:

#17 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:48 AM

i would very much like to meet up as i want to get to know some people in especially THIS area...there must be some nice people out there :blink:

There are indeed, going by previous VN Socials :)

It looks like Wed 20th January is the preferred option for the majority at the moment, but I will leave it a few more days before seeing if I can 'book' an area in the White Hart for that evening.

SL

#18 matt-h

matt-h

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

I've been out of the loop for several months and would love to get out to a social again. I voted for the 20th.

#19 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Looks like Wed 20th is still on top. Anyone else want to come along? It would be good to meet more of you.

SL

#20 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Haven't been for a while... Looking forward to it :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#21 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

SL - would you like me to confirm the 20th as the date. Let me know the confirmed time and location and I'll change the topic title.

I have bootcamp on a Wednesday so may not make it. If I do, it won't be before 9pm as I'll need to go home and get showered first. Will play it by ear and see what time I get home.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#22 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

SL - would you like me to confirm the 20th as the date. Let me know the confirmed time and location and I'll change the topic title.

I have bootcamp on a Wednesday so may not make it. If I do, it won't be before 9pm as I'll need to go home and get showered first. Will play it by ear and see what time I get home.

I have never been to a social but would like to come to one soon

Gekko : i have bootcamp too on Wednesdays so voted for the 26th instead - looks like we may know each other - are you talking about fernando's bootcamp?
...palacegirl aka Petra
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#23 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

I'll come! :)

#24 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hi Palacegirl - it's a small world. I am indeed talking about the lovely Fernando's bootcamp :D. As you can probably tell from my forum signature, I'm Melanie in real life! That's the old Melanie (with the specs) not the new one who only joined bootcamp on Monday. I've already met one other bootcamper at a VN social, I'm sure there are others who post on here.

The socials are great fun so do try and come along at some point.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#25 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hi Palacegirl - it's a small world. I am indeed talking about the lovely Fernando's bootcamp :D. As you can probably tell from my forum signature, I'm Melanie in real life! That's the old Melanie (with the specs) not the new one who only joined bootcamp on Monday. I've already met one other bootcamper at a VN social, I'm sure there are others who post on here.

The socials are great fun so do try and come along at some point.

Gekko and PalaceGirl - come sweaty - we won't mind! It will make you two feel virtuous and us feel like lumps.

Gekko - yes please, if you could change the topic title to the 20th that would be much appreciated :)

#26 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hi SL,

I've changed the topic title and the poll for you. I put the start time as 7.30pm but can change that to 7.00 if you prefer?
Mel, Forum Moderator

#27 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hi SL,

I've changed the topic title and the poll for you. I put the start time as 7.30pm but can change that to 7.00 if you prefer?

Hi Gekko,

Thanks for that. 7:30 is fine - it allows for train delays....

#28 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

[quote name='Summit Lover' date='13 January 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1263417365' post='76193']
Gekko and PalaceGirl - come sweaty - we won't mind! It will make you two feel virtuous and us feel like lumps.

ha ha - you certainly haven't seen me after a bootcamp........ I am close to dying usually :D

I will see how I feel and may still venture up the hill. How do I recognise people though? Do you wear red carnations??? ^_^

...palacegirl
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#29 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

Will you book a table or two in the VN name, Summit Lover, as James used to do?

#30 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Will you book a table or two in the VN name, Summit Lover, as James used to do?

I will indeed - or attempt to. I will post where it will be hopefully tomorrow evening. I think from the original thread about 7 or 8 people said they could make it on the 20th - I look forward to meeting more VNers :)