Photo

Has anyone used the Crocus midwife service?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vangough

vangough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

I am trying to find NHS midwife care locally - not had alot of luck so far and just wondered if anyone had any experiences with Crocus midwives that run out of Mayday Hospital? Or indeed if you have had a baby at Mayday I would love to hear your experiences of the place. I hear mixed reviews. I am currently registered at Kings (I had my first baby there) but can't get any midwife care through them, and last time was not a great experience which is not encouraging 2nd time around !

#2 Lazzieb

Lazzieb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

I am trying to find NHS midwife care locally - not had alot of luck so far and just wondered if anyone had any experiences with Crocus midwives that run out of Mayday Hospital? Or indeed if you have had a baby at Mayday I would love to hear your experiences of the place. I hear mixed reviews. I am currently registered at Kings (I had my first baby there) but can't get any midwife care through them, and last time was not a great experience which is not encouraging 2nd time around !

Hi there
Just wondering if you had any replies or went any further with the possibility of the Crocus midwifery service. I am considering it myself having had my first at Kings and my second at home (affiliated to Kings but with the Albany midwifery service who have sadly since been 'sacked' by Kings - unfairly I believe). I live right on the border with Croydon so am hoping that the Crocus group might be my best option.
I've heard the new birth centre at Mayday looks great.
Let me know how you've got on?
Thanks
Laura

#3 happymundays

happymundays

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Hi there
Just wondering if you had any replies or went any further with the possibility of the Crocus midwifery service. I am considering it myself having had my first at Kings and my second at home (affiliated to Kings but with the Albany midwifery service who have sadly since been 'sacked' by Kings - unfairly I believe). I live right on the border with Croydon so am hoping that the Crocus group might be my best option.
I've heard the new birth centre at Mayday looks great.
Let me know how you've got on?
Thanks
Laura

The new birthing center at Mayday is wonderful if I can't give birth there next I will be at home.
No uniforms no internals, no demands to push it was just breath and even offered water birth but could not move.
Midwives there is not enough of them at busy times and pressure is on and mothers are left until last moment midwives don't want it or us and it jeopardises breastfeeding relationships.

Edited by happymundays, 16 April 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#4 vickyp

vickyp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

The birth centre at mayday is great but there's no guarantee that you'll get in. Places are limited to how many midwives they have, when I had my son in 2007 they could only have two women labouring at any one time. I was lucky enough to hang on long enough at home so that when I went in they could take me - if I'd gone in a few hours before I'd have had to have been on the main labour ward.

#5 vangough

vangough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

Took a while to reply as I now have a 6 week old son ! I would heartily recommend Crocus to anyone - had my son at home and it was all perfect and they were great.

Good luck

The birth centre at mayday is great but there's no guarantee that you'll get in. Places are limited to how many midwives they have, when I had my son in 2007 they could only have two women labouring at any one time. I was lucky enough to hang on long enough at home so that when I went in they could take me - if I'd gone in a few hours before I'd have had to have been on the main labour ward.

#6 bblue

bblue

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Morning all,

I'm registered with the Crocus team for my first baby which is due in May and have had a couple of appointments at home. So far i've been really pleased and reassured by the midwife, just wondered if anyone else had experience of homebirths which went well and what happened if they needed to go to Mayday. My concern about Mayday is not being able to get intot he birth centre and having to go to the labour ward, which sounds like a world away from my ideal of being at home...

Vangough - Sounds like you had a good experience with the Crocus team, i'd be interested to hear more about how it went if you're happy to share? :)

Thanks,

Bblue