#16 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

Latest from the owner, David Lashmar:

Well, at the moment, nothing. Having failed with my dream of a 50 stall, high class, under-cover market, STUFF (which only lasted 3months) I have had to rethink its (and my) future. There have been several people interested in taking over the premises but I am adamant that the new occupants will be sympathetic to the building and retain the feel that BEANOS had. I am currently in discussion with an exciting new company who, I think, could be just right; I will let you know how this develops.

He also went on to update us on a programme that sounds quite interesting to us old vinyl freaks:

Ah yes, once again, I have been standing behind a counter surrounded by records but you won’t be able to buy anything from me. My shop, LASHMAR’S RECORDS was in Shepton Mallet, Somerset but is there no longer as it was merely part of a film set for a BBC series called “TURN BACK TIME – THE HIGH STREET”.

This six part series is based on the fascinating idea of taking several shopkeepers and transporting them back in time to run their shops in six eras from the Victorian times right through to the 1970s which is where I will be running my record shop.

Making the programme was great fun, we all had to be totally immersed in our era for several days, wearing the original clothes and even eating the right foods (it’s a long time since I have tasted the delights of Alphabetti Spaghetti!). It was good to handle vinyl again and to try and persuade the people of Shepton Mallet that this was the best format to buy.

The series starts Tuesday 2nd November on BBC1 at 9.00. I am in the final episode shown on the 7th December.

#17 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

The premises has now re-opened as... Beanies. It's a three story family cafe/leisure complex. Seems a very admirable setup but sad to see first Beanos go and now the little units for an indoor market all presumably ripped out.