Photo

Virtual Norwood Get Together -12th March at BridgeHouse. Please vote

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Can you make it? Please let us know. (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you able to attend the Get-Together?

1. Yes - see you there! (13 votes [38.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

2. Maybe - I will try (13 votes [38.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

3. No, sorry - maybe next time (8 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Better still, there's usually parking on the road the pub is on - Anerley Park (parallel to Thicket Road)- try the station forecourt of the road is busy: it's free too!

#17 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Better still, there's usually parking on the road the pub is on - Anerley Park (parallel to Thicket Road)- try the station forecourt of the road is busy: it's free too!

Brilliant. Cheers GillW

#18 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

May not be able to make it. Mr and Mrs Elmo have a funeral to attend that day :(
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#19 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

Sorry to hear that Elmo.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#20 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

I have booked the area on the right from 7 p.m. (lower level) as you go through the main (non garden) entrance on the lower level. Please o indicate on the poll whether you can attend :) or not :(

#21 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Shame Friday...but will try to come along...as went to one last year...my first and it was good fun...And a neighbour who lives nearby me went to the last one and said it was good...

Might be on the way home after something else...What time will everyone be there until?

#22 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

Shame Friday...but will try to come along...as went to one last year...my first and it was good fun...And a neighbour who lives nearby me went to the last one and said it was good...

Might be on the way home after something else...What time will everyone be there until?

It would be great to see you there sunray :)

People were there for a good few hours at the last one in January, and as this is a Friday (due to popular request as many don't have to get up at the crack to go to work in the morning) people may well be happier staying longer. I will aim to stay for the duration if I can.

(Mind you, if some others could get there earlier rather than later it would really help as it may prove difficult to hold onto pre-booked tables on a Friday night if it becomes busy).

SL

#23 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Me and Beulahboy will be there. I'll be celebrating as Friday is the last time I'll be signing on at the vile depressing hell hole commonly known as Croydon Job Centre as I've now got a job after a rather unfortunate length of time of unemployment!

#24 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Congrats, Trixie! Time to celebrate!

Note that the Bridgy is really close to Penge West Station, so good connection from London Bridge if you are coming from work, or short 6 minute walk from Penge East. The 227 bus goes from nearby up the hill to CP, or a few minutes walk to Annerly Hill brings a bunch more to choose from.

MissPoddy - driving to a pub night out?! You won't be able to drink enough to find any of us funny or interesting!

#25 upfrombromley

upfrombromley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

I've not been to one of these get togethers before but will try and make it down. Will you all be easy to recognise!

#26 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hi upfrombromley,

We will be on the right hand side as you go in, but if you can't identify us, ask at the bar as Summit Lover has booked an area so they'll be able to direct you to us. See you then!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#27 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

I was psyching myself up to go to one of these after umpteen years, but Mothering Sunday duties call up north
Rachel
My link

#28 b0at

b0at

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

Would anyone have any objection if I come with the dog? She is a very gentle greyhound but I understand that many people are afraid of dogs! Are friday nights busy or very noisy at the Bridge House? I looked into the White Hart last time but there was no floor space... :blink:

#29 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Would anyone have any objection if I come with the dog? She is a very gentle greyhound but I understand that many people are afraid of dogs! Are friday nights busy or very noisy at the Bridge House? I looked into the White Hart last time but there was no floor space... :blink:

I would have no problem at all - your dog sounds lovely, but it might be worth checking with the pub first that they are happy for dogs to come in?

I haven't been to the Bridge House on a Friday night before (has anyone else) but imagine it may get fairly full. Having said that, we have a space booked so that might make things easier.

#30 b0at

b0at

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

Thanks SL :)

Phoned the Bridge House yesterday to confirm dogs are welcome... Like RachelF, I've been summoning the courage for a while :rolleyes: