Photo

Virtual Norwood Get Together -12th March at BridgeHouse. Please vote

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Can you make it? Please let us know. (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you able to attend the Get-Together?

1. Yes - see you there! (13 votes [38.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

2. Maybe - I will try (13 votes [38.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

3. No, sorry - maybe next time (8 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

Thanks SL :)

Phoned the Bridge House yesterday to confirm dogs are welcome... Like RachelF, I've been summoning the courage for a while :rolleyes:

I felt that way on my first time, but they really are friendly and relaxed :) Look forward to seeing you there.

SL

#32 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

Look forwards to meeting you B0at (and the dog!).
Mel, Forum Moderator

#33 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

Forgive the double post, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to the social tonight. I just got home and am still feeling alert so thought I'd add a little post before bedtime. It was a great turnout and we took over the area to the left (last minute change of plan to accommodate a birthday party!) of the lower level. I hope everyone who needed to found us. Met lots of new people along with some old timers that I know well :). B0at has a fabulous dog by the way who was very well behaved! It was a great Friday night venue - lively but not too loud so you could still hold a conversation. Look forward to the next social.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#34 b0at

b0at

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

Had a great night last night, met lots of lovely people - thank you to all those who entertained Womble while I was in the toilet / at the bar. Sorry about some of the dodgy smells... I like to blame it on the dog! Look forward to bumping into some familiar faces out and about x

#35 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for organising another great social, SL!

#36 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for organising another great social, SL!

No problem :) I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did (although my head is a little woolly this morning - must NOT drink merlot on an empty stomach :huh: ) It was great to meet 'old' and new faces - and in particular the star guest Womble! (who I fell for big time).

I also hope everyone who came found us! Sadly I was let down a bit by the pub in that I was told that we would be on the right as we came into the main door when I booked it (and again when I phoned and checked the evening before), but when I arrived it appeared that e had been moved to the left to accommodate a birthday party. We therefore hastily cobbled together some notices to point VNers in the right direction. Having said that though, I think that the area we were in was much better to be honest, and the bar staff were very helpful in assisting me with notices etc.

I will post about the next date/venue shortly.