Photo

Crystal Palace Tandoori

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Crystal Palace Tandoori (17 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (15 votes [88.24%])

Percentage of vote: 88.24%

2. Good (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Average (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 fosiejeen

fosiejeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

I have eaten in this very good restaurant several times - it is always good, the food is interesting and delicious. The service excellent. Go there!

#17 cpbeaker

cpbeaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Popped in for dinner last night and had a great time.
Service couldn't have been better, very friendly, attentive and efficient. The place is spotless and the portions generous. We were also asked to sign a visitors book and to leave feedback which can only be a good thing. Our saag aloo and chicken shaslik were both excellent, although the chicken tikka was a bit sweet for my tastes so I'd order differently another time. We'll definitely go back and I'd urge fellow Crystal Palacians to support Crystal Palace Tandoori. All their meat and eggs are free range, which is as it should be, but oddly rare on the triangle.

Edited by cpbeaker, 02 August 2010 - 01:26 PM.

#18 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Went here for the first time last week and wow, what a (late) discovery! Had an excellent, flavoursome and very hot curry called something like a rezzella. Even the poppadoms and pickles were a cut above the standard offer. My new best curry friend.

#19 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

At the risk of offending a certain curry afficionado on here, I love this place.

I think it was a rezala NanaZ very nice. I always go for the vindaloo which is of portugese style....yeah go figure ! Organic, sorry free range chicken which ticks the missus' boxes

#20 sundaze

sundaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

Have eaten several great meals from here. Always been spot on and have never dropped the high standard experienced from the first visit. Will be going again soon.

#21 crowdpleaser

crowdpleaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

I can't say enough good things about this place. Have been meaning to post on here for ages to put in a good word. In fact, it's my girlfriend's post right at the top of this thread, as we were there on opening night. We've been constant visitors since, and get pretty regular takeaways too. In my opinion, it's pretty much the perfect local curry house in terms of the quality of the food to the prices, and they're always very friendly and efficient. Personal favourites are the Pumpkin Chicken (spicy style), Goan Fish Curry, and Chicken Danshak, but to be honest pretty much everything we've had from here has been really good. If you're reading this, like curry, and haven't been, I'd really really recommend it, fantastic place and the sort of local restuarant that makes me so glad to live in the area

#22 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

I have to say that this is now my favourite Indian on the triangle.
Ate there mid week as a group of five and tried a bit of everyones dish and they were all very different and very good.
I had a takeaway from there tonight and tried the lamb jaflong which was the best lamb dish I have had in a long time.Very hot (which is what I wanted) but the sweetness of the spicy butternut squash side dish worked well to balance it.
Look forward to the next one.

#23 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

We keep meaning to try the place again. In its previous life they used to do a fantastic Chicken Vindaloo - medium hot and cooked with tomatoes and palm vinegar, absolutely lovely and nothing like the uber hot excuse for vindaloo found in most high street indian restaurants. If they still do it I will be delighted :hugkiss:

#24 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

tried it for first time on sat - really good curry - generous portions - nice and spicey - up there with Neo india - have been dissappointed by Palace Spice, Gurhka and Yak and Yet so good to find at least 2 you'd lick your lips to go back to

#25 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

why is Palace Tandoori not in bold like most of the headers for restaurants on here? whats that all about?

#26 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Don't know but we heard they're leaving anyway. Boo.

#27 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I've heard it's up for sale again.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#28 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

who ?
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#29 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Crystal Palace Tandoori I suspect!

#30 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Had another nice takeaway from Crystal Palace Tandoori tonight. I spoke to the owner to express my sadness that they are selling up and he knew nothing about it!
Turns out one of the other Indians on the triangle is selling up but obviously couldn't say who but it's not them.

Long live Crystal Palace Tandoori! :)