Photo

Crystal Palace Tandoori

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Crystal Palace Tandoori (17 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (15 votes [88.24%])

Percentage of vote: 88.24%

2. Good (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Average (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 CPConvert

CPConvert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

This is a great restaurant- they listen to what you want and will custom cook. They also use a minimum of fat - Olive Oil, I believe - Thouroughly recommended.

#32 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

I heartily agree, we got a delivery from them last night - the Vegetable Set Meal for Two, plus a few extra bits and bobs, £20 in all - and it was ALL the lovely. We've eaten many curries in the UK and in India itself, and what we had last night was authentic, fresh and very tasty indeed. And of course, we ordered a bit too much so I am eating the leftovers for my lunch right this very moment. Nyom.

*burps discreetly*
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#33 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

We are here for the first time in a couple of years yesterday and were very impressed. The dishes were beautifully cooked and spiced, and R was particularly enthused with the dahl - it was as good, if not better, as the (sadly departed) Rose Villa's and that really is saying something.

We well be back - soon!

#34 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

The property was let in 2010 on a 25-year lease at £22,500 a year.

Now it appears they are looking to sub-let; Pedder are the agents:

http://www.commercia.../view/05GZZ180/
opposed to taking terrapins.

#35 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

Had another fabulous meal here over the weekend :) I had a yummy chicken dish with honey and spices and R had a delicious fish dish. Highly recommended and friendly service.

#36 crowdpleaser

crowdpleaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I log in here every so often to sing the praises of the CPT, it really is fantastic and maintains a fantastic standard. My wife and I, together with friends and family, must have been there 50 or 60 times since it opened two years ago and have never had a meal that was anything less than excellent. I see some talk that the owners were moving away but, as it stands, it's still the same guys who took over just over 2 years ago and I'm not aware that they're planning on leaving. Unfortunately however my wife and I are leaving the crystal palace area and the CPT is genuinely one of the things we'll miss the most, nowhere we've been in our new neck of the woods is a patch on this place. Can't recommend it highly enough, a great local restuarant which really deserves the support.

#37 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

It is v good I agree. Where are you moving to?

#38 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

My other half had a home delivery from these guys and he loved it! He actually said it is probably the 2nd best EVER Indian restaurant he has eaten from here in the UK. Thumbs up
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#39 ptg23

ptg23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Yes - its good. But not as amazing as some suggest IMHO. I went here after Gurka let me down and it was fine, if not exceptional.

#40 Macadamia

Macadamia

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

We've used CPT many, many times since moving to the area a few years ago, and always found it excellent for both eating in (friendly staff and good service) and takeaways.  However, our last experience of both has been dreadful; particularly eating in, where the food was mediocre at best, service was abrupt and indifferent -  and the restaurant tellingly empty.  I'm pretty sure it must have changed hands, as we didn't recognise any of the waiters, and the manager I'd spoken to lots of times was nowhere to be seen - and, doubtless to say, he would have been appalled at the CPT's recent offerings.

So, as the Lonely Planet disclaimer says, "good places go bad, bad places, bad places go bankrupt" ... which is a shame.  But we'll be voting with our feet now and using the rather brilliant Shelina for takeaways ... and will have to decide on a new favourite Indian/Bangladeshi/Nepali restaurant for eating in ... (Suggestions welcome!)