58 replies to this topic

#46 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Intersting counter offer but i will wait till sunday for my decision !

Dazza

PS I am serious if you change your mind about the tickets though !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#47 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Applied for 100m final and nothing else. 206 gone from my account - jackpot!

Congratulations Nork1. Seeing how much everyone is putting up for tickets reminds me that CP Athletics represents such excellent value, and the majority of the Olympic competitors have already visited CP stadium.

Here are some vintage shots from VN including one with new talent sprouting from behind. ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

European.vote - EU Referendum

#48 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

Wow Nork that's great well done! Glad some people from VN got at least a few tickets.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#49 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Forgot that I'd also applied for tickets using my wife's card. Got a bit confused last night when we realised that another 522 was taken out of our account last week... Turns out that we've got the women's basketball final and 2 sessions of athletics. Possibly the men's 200m final! Either that or the men's 400m final.

Feeling rather fortunate today :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#50 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Confirmation emails say Women's basketball final... Aaaaand Men's 200 final!! To quote Nork, "jackpot"!!

Also on that day is the second day of the Decathalon, Men's 800 final and the Men's triple jump final. Im doing cartwheels here... And I've got court one tickets for Wimbledon on Saturday. Brilliant.

:D :D :D

Edited by Elmo, 22 June 2011 - 06:59 AM.

Follow me on Twitter

#51 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

Fantastic Elmo!! Very jealous about the Wimbledon ticket too. I am definitely going to WImbledon next yr. Even if I have to queue outside for hours and get rained on!
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#52 Redbunny23

Redbunny23

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Well done Elmo! Very jealous.

Re Wimbledon - you can go on finals day, get a ground court ticket, watch it on the big screen, then when the mens final is finished, get a centre court ticket for a fiver to watch the doubles final. Apparently.

#53 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

Thanks guys - I'm over the moon...

Wimbledon: you can apply for the 2012 ballot now. That's the thing with these kinds of events. Just get in there early:
http://aeltc2011.wim...llot/index.html

Follow me on Twitter

#54 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thank you for that link! And I think I'll apply for the second round of Olympic tickets too. Couple of other friends have been making me turn green with the tickets they have got :angry:

No actually, scratch that - have just seen what tickets are left and everything I wanted is sold out. Rubbish. I'll stick to Wimbledon 2012!! :angry:

Edited by moc, 22 June 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#55 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thank you for that link! And I think I'll apply for the second round of Olympic tickets too. Couple of other friends have been making me turn green with the tickets they have got :angry:

No actually, scratch that - have just seen what tickets are left and everything I wanted is sold out. Rubbish. I'll stick to Wimbledon 2012!! :angry:

I had a rather strange ride with tickets. 1,175 was taken from my account and this was the exact amount for the 100 meters mens final tickets that I had applied for. For a week or two I thought I had struck gold. Then I realised that a combination of other tickets I applied for came to the same amount and sure enough that is what happened. I do have four athletics so am well pleased. In fact I am glad it happened like this because if it had been 100 meter final tickets I would probably have not been able to turn down the enormous amounts offered for them and therefore would not have taken my sons to the olympics. This way I can take them.

#56 guineagirl

guineagirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

I got nothing out of 500 odd worth of tickets applied for, but my other half got 1 pair of athletics tickets so we are going to *something* which is good. I got a friend to try and buy for us in the second round as we were at Glastonbury, and she got tickets for archery.

It's at Lords not the Olympic site, starts at 8am and lasts for 4 hours but that's good value for money if nothing else! :)

#57 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

Using my sister's Visa card and account we've managed to get some basketball qualifiers and some handball to add to the athletics and basketball we already had.... On top of that I had a great time at Wimbledon this year. I must have been blessed by the sport ticket fairy!

Follow me on Twitter

#58 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

More tickets available in April:
http://www.guardian....s?newsfeed=true

You could try your luck...

Follow me on Twitter

#59 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Heads up for those collecting tickets - worth reading to avoid disappointment!

http://www.eastdulwi...4322#msg-924322