• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#46 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

I think this chat has strayed well off whatever topic is was supposed to be..! Moved to the Tavern.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#47 QueensPudding

QueensPudding

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

How apt that the tumbleweed thread should tumble around the site.

#48 Man Overboard

Man Overboard

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

Yes, any bets on where it might go next?

On the other hand, given the volume of traffic on the site these days we might have to set up a disaster recovery plan for when the servers keel over with exhaustion, something that could withstand the constant stream of messages... like a phone call or the Royal Mail perhaps?

#49 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

This thread has been closed and a few posts have been removed.

There seems to be a few new (within 6 months) members who are intent on testing the moderation on the website, while standing behind "I care for the community and can say whatever I want".

Sarcasm, snide comments, trying to provoke other members on VN, constant negative comments about the site - they just don't match up with the "care for the local community" image.

I have received many messages from long time VN members who have also highlighted posts of this nature and the fact that it is from a few members only.

If you are unhappy with the site or feel that there isn't a tad of free speech here, then maybe you should leave?

A reminder of some of VN's Rules.

The basics:
2/ Respect the views of other members
3/ Be neighbourly - don't say it on the forum if you wouldn't say it to someone in person
4/ Political, religion, human rights topics are allowed but members should always seek to address the argument, personal attacks on other forum members will not be tolerated and failure to adhere to guidelines may result in warnings or being banned. Hateful, disrespectful and libellous comments will not be tollerated.
*By hateful and disrespectful, we mean comments that are or may be perceived as racist, sexist, homophobic, inciting religious hatred or causing undue offence to individuals or sections of the community.
5/ Don't waste people's time or our web site resources

Staying on topic:
1/ No ranting or mindless drivel
2/ Try to keeo replies on topic
3/ Do not post a question or comment that will encourage off topic replies

Warning System:
5/ Common reasons for warnings are bad language, potentially libellous comments and hostile comments towards other members.
6/ If you intentionally break our forum guidelines your account will be suspended. This will also affect your ability to use the wiki.

Read the full VN Rules.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at