• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi I live in Ingatestone Road, SE25 and I was wondering how I could get hold of original spec of my maisonette from Victorian times....I'm currently restoring the place and getting rid of bad 1980s housing association upgrade that stripped the guts out of the place.

It would be good to get thing back to former glory....The road is listed as a road of archetectural significance.

#2 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

You could try here - not sure whethr they would have old plans but it is worth a go

http://www.croydon.g...ives/rsdatabase

#3 Mrs Oswald

Mrs Oswald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:09 AM

Hi I live in Ingatestone Road, SE25 and I was wondering how I could get hold of original spec of my maisonette from Victorian times....I'm currently restoring the place and getting rid of bad 1980s housing association upgrade that stripped the guts out of the place.

It would be good to get thing back to former glory....The road is listed as a road of archetectural significance.

Why not invite yourself round to the neighbours' houses? There might be one or two properties which have remained unmolested.

#4 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks will try archives....already been in houses...they were owned by housing association....and 'renovated in the 70s' so original feature gone in most....as part of council modernisation plan!!

Why not invite yourself round to the neighbours' houses? There might be one or two properties which have remained unmolested.