15 replies to this topic

#1 Liliput

Liliput

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hi,

I've had some trouble contacting some peps after reading some reviews here.

We are after someone to replace our bathroom and install a; showerbath, toilet (needs moving slightly), sink, installing a shower, tiling and moving the light pull slightly/installing a new one. Also need the downstairs loo and sink replaced - floor tiled.

If you know of anyone you can recommend please do let me know.

Cheers.

Liliput

#2 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

If you are looking for a general builder I would happily reccomend Del

He has just finished of my Garden wall & tiled the step area. He has also just started another property in my road as they were impressed with my job.

He is also an excellant tiler & did my Bathroom a few years back.

He can be contacted by mobile 07834617127 or by email myradelboy@aol.com

Make sure you tell him Dazza reccomended you on the VN !

Also works with Big Al sometimes who has done loads of work for VNers over the years!

This is a copy of my earlier post but Tiling is Dels forte & is more than capable of the other things you require.
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#3 Liliput

Liliput

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Cheers Dazza, and other peps who PM'd me

I'll be in touch soon if I haven't already.

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'm sure someone's said it already but don't forget David O'Brien:

http://www.virtualno..._75

#5 seamus m

seamus m

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

After looking through recommendations for builders on this site for someone to replace a bathroom (including lighting, ceiling, insulation, plumbing, plastering, floor, tiling - the works) we got a number of quotes and eventually went with a "family builder" called Steve. His quote was lower than most and he did a very good job. He was here when he said he would be, did the work in good time, didn't spring any surprises and also didn't flinch when we added a number of jobs. I would thoroughly recommend him and his work. Very good workmanship, reliable, clean and very very reasonable. Steve: 07979 621400.

#6 VKJ

VKJ

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

After looking through recommendations for builders on this site for someone to replace a bathroom (including lighting, ceiling, insulation, plumbing, plastering, floor, tiling - the works) we got a number of quotes and eventually went with a "family builder" called Steve. His quote was lower than most and he did a very good job. He was here when he said he would be, did the work in good time, didn't spring any surprises and also didn't flinch when we added a number of jobs. I would thoroughly recommend him and his work. Very good workmanship, reliable, clean and very very reasonable. Steve: 07979 621400.

Glad to recommend him seamus m. He did a brilliant job of my kitchen. Will hire him again - when I get round to looking at the bathroom....!

#7 keitha

keitha

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

We recently had to do major bathroom work, and I was shocked at the number of people who came to quote and then never even bothered to respond to subsequent requests for information, or even indications that we would like to go ahead with the work. It took us five months to get someone in; eventually David O'Brien was able to fit us in, and did all the things that everyone on here has already praised his firm for.

#8 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Thanks Dazza for the Del recommendation. He has just finished a small tiling job and made an access panel for the side of our bath. Job neatly done, promptly and for a fair price. Well recommended. 07834 617127 if anybody else needs him.

Edited by belo, 12 January 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#9 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

I've just had a bit of work done by Carrie, who can be contacted on 020 8670 0342. She does what she says she does: turns up as agreed, does a great job at a fair price, is friendly, efficient, and even mended my vacuum cleaner.

She, along with her plumbing "husband" Len, have just spent two days repositioning a leaking bath and retiling. They also repaired the rotten floorboard, crack in the landing wall and big hole in the kitchen ceiling caused by the leak.

Unlike the builders who installed the bath originally, she really knows what she's doing.

She even fixed my boiler by telephone that night. The number for Carrie, once again, is 020 8670 0342.

#10 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Glad to recommend him seamus m. He did a brilliant job of my kitchen. Will hire him again - when I get round to looking at the bathroom....!

Just posted a recommendation for Steve of SJ Building Maintenance on another "plumber" thread. He's just completed installing an en suite and refurbed our main bathroom for us and we are very happy with his work and the price. Again he can be reached on 07979 621400.
aka Pie

#11 Canon

Canon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Can anyone suggestion a plumber, we seem to have an air lock have tried all the methods suggested on other website but no luck.

#12 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Len - 07956-877376. Efficient, affordable and often available after hours at short notice. Rectified the negligent work of another local plumber speedily and competently. Trained alongside Carrie, for those who know her, and they often recommend each other when they're not free themselves.

Ah, just scrolled up to see mention of both Len and Carrie!

Edited by GillW, 02 October 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#13 Canon

Canon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Cheers will give him a call.

#14 Tracy S

Tracy S

• Sponsors
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hi there can anyone recommend someone to do some work in my flat in SE20. I need tiles removed and waterproof plasterboard fitting ready to be tiled on. One wall in another room also require plastering. It's not a massive job but I want someone reliable and trustworthy (hopefully this isnt too much to ask for!)

If anyone can help if they could message me

Thank you fellow VN'ers

#15 spoiltdog

spoiltdog

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hi if you would like a free no obligation Quote do give me a call in youre own time 07564194363,have a large Portfolio of my work and References ,have Recommendations on this and other Local Forums :D