6 replies to this topic

#1 Tintin

Tintin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I thought some of you might be interested in an event happening on Norwood Park on Sat 24th which is also when the water play area is opened. According to the flyer I received, it offers some music and dance workshops, local craft stalls, food stalls, a bouncy castle and a DJ & MC.

•Date: Saturday 24th July
•Time 11am-4pm
•Venue Norwood Park, Salters Hill, SE19

More info can be found on http://www.norwood-f...f-norwood-park/

I also added this to the events listing but given this is my first posting on this forum (after over 2 years of just reading), I hope I did everything right :-). And I hope the water area is worth a visit to the park. I will definately check it out in the coming weeks!

Tintin

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Hello, Tintin. Good to have you.

Thanks for this. Might pop down - and it's near The Park too so could have a cheeky snifter in a local gem while we're at it.

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

Welcome Tintin, and thank you for posting about local events. Keep it coming! :)

#4 Tintin

Tintin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome and for the tip on "The Park". Somehow that pub never registered with me (must have driven past it so many times) but looks interesting from their website. So something else to check out soon :-)

Tintin

#5 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

So fired up were we, we went to Kingswood summer fete on Saturday and did all the things there then hot-footed it with our Kingswood bbq sausages into Norwood Park for this, the next event on the agenda. We saw diggers at work, we frowned, we recalculated and... we were a week early.

Sadly when it does open THIS weekend we won't have any ankle-biters with us so will have to miss the opening but make sure we go down another time.

Doh!

#6 Carl

Carl

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Just bumping this thread as a reminder that the water play area is officially opening today.

Edited by Carl, 24 July 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#7 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

attended the event yesterday. it was really nice to see the park so busy and an abundance of local community getting together. Norwood forum take note. would be great to have more event held there to bring community together.
the new playground looks like its going to be a big hit also. well done organisers.