Photo

Neo India

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this restaurant? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this restaurant?

1. Excellent (20 votes [74.07%])

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

2. Good (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

wheres it near? - which iconic nearby location will pin down the exact whereabouts of this here new exotic restaurant thingy?

#17 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

wheres it near? - which iconic nearby location will pin down the exact whereabouts of this here new exotic restaurant thingy?

Erm.... pretty much opposite Lorenzos and ER I think.

#18 Albert

Albert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

Went a week or so ago and had the most incredible meal. The dish that really did it was the crab soup - which was a blinding starter - cleverly chosen by my wife. Great stock, so very much a skilful, diligent chef behind this dish. I had a chicken starter which was fine but overshadowed - like a pretty temple in the shadow of the Taj Mahal. So I'm very grateful to my wife for her generosity in the soup dept. Lovely meltingly fresh crab. And generally very good - crisp, fluffy, fragrant parathas. In case I sound like someone who knows the owner (rather than what I am, which is gobsmacked) I would add that the service was rather chaotic and on the slow side, despite the fact that the place was chocful of waiters. There were several polishing the leaves on the flower arrangements (poetic licence employed) despite the fact that we were waiting many ravenously long minutes for drinks, menus, etc. The manager/owner was lovely though and I'm sure he'll sort this out. It's the food that matters and I'd recommend you try it.

#19 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

We finally got around to trying this place yesterday evening and were delighted with our experience. Absolutely delicious - and the flavours were different enough to help Neo India stand out from the other Asian restaurants in the triangle. The Crab Soup was particularly good :P Also, as the dishes are cooked with olive oil rather than ghee we didn't feel unpleasantly over-stuffed as you can do after an indian meal.

Great service too. This place has jumped into our top 5 restaurant slots for the triangle, if you haven't tried it yet I urge you to.

Edited by Summit Lover, 23 October 2010 - 08:40 AM.

#20 Fracas

Fracas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

I went to Neo India last night and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food! Hands down the best curry I've had in the Palace!!!

#21 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

A friend and I went again to Neo India yesterday evening and had another great meal. She had a red snapper starter that she raved about and we both had very good mains, mine was chicken fillets with almonds and pistachios in a spicy sauce - delicious!

The food really is quite something here and different enough from other restaurants in the triangle to carve its own well deserved niche. We had a chat with the charming owner who spoke about the freshness of the food he sourced and explained that his plan was gradually to introduce more Mauritian dishes, including a fair bit of seafood - so watch this space! :)

#22 JAM

JAM

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

Ate at Neo India last night. Wonderful. I didn't order the crab soup as thought it would just be a spicy crab bisque type thing. It was in fact a whole crab in a delicious soup base! Although my mussels mulligatawny were pretty good, I was very jealous of my husband's starter. Side dish of pumpkin cooked with bay leaf was delicious and good to see a seasonal veg on the menu. Service was charming and efficient. Nice atmosphere. Very very pleased by this addition to the triangle
JAM

#23 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

I can't wait for them to print their takeaway menus, still doing takeaways but no menu so had to put it on hold till another time.
Sounds like a great place though.

(P.S. Not too sure I approve of all this crab eating.)

#24 shazbut

shazbut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

I can't wait for them to print their takeaway menus, still doing takeaways but no menu so had to put it on hold till another time.
Sounds like a great place though.

(P.S. Not too sure I approve of all this crab eating.)

Hi there,
Sorry, take away menu still not available, but if you visit our website www.neoindia.co.uk you will find our full menu there. We are not at present doing any home deliveries, but we will do so in the future. Take away collection available.
Look forward to seeing you at Neo India.

#25 shazbut

shazbut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Went a week or so ago and had the most incredible meal. The dish that really did it was the crab soup - which was a blinding starter - cleverly chosen by my wife. Great stock, so very much a skilful, diligent chef behind this dish. I had a chicken starter which was fine but overshadowed - like a pretty temple in the shadow of the Taj Mahal. So I'm very grateful to my wife for her generosity in the soup dept. Lovely meltingly fresh crab. And generally very good - crisp, fluffy, fragrant parathas. In case I sound like someone who knows the owner (rather than what I am, which is gobsmacked) I would add that the service was rather chaotic and on the slow side, despite the fact that the place was chocful of waiters. There were several polishing the leaves on the flower arrangements (poetic licence employed) despite the fact that we were waiting many ravenously long minutes for drinks, menus, etc. The manager/owner was lovely though and I'm sure he'll sort this out. It's the food that matters and I'd recommend you try it.

Hi,
Glad to read that we were able to please your palates. I apologise for the lack of attention from my waiting staff upon your arrival, but I am pleased to announce that this problem has now been resolved. The remedy was quite simple really. A single crack of the whip did the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards.

#26 shazbut

shazbut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

Maybe you should suggest one or two organic main courses. I understand that it would be far to expensive to offer 100% organic on all meats, but a bit would make him the first in the triangle to offer organic meat dishes. Might be worth a try. Of course they would be pricier than the non-organic ones, but people might be willing to pay that....

Hi there,
You will be glad to learn that our menu already consist of one organic main dish, which is the Nirmish. Organic vegetables cooked with turmeric and green spices.
We were very keen to introduce organic venison, but our searches have indicated that venison is only available as free range. So free range venison it will be, in the very near future and organic meat or poultry.
Watch this space.
Kind regards.
Neo India.

#27 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for posting here Shazbut. Customer engagement of the highest quality! :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#28 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi there,
You will be glad to learn that our menu already consist of one organic main dish, which is the Nirmish. Organic vegetables cooked with turmeric and green spices.
We were very keen to introduce organic venison, but our searches have indicated that venison is only available as free range. So free range venison it will be, in the very near future and organic meat or poultry.
Watch this space.
Kind regards.
Neo India.

Wow, very impressed Shazbut! I haven't managed to make to your place yet, but surely will. It sounds amazing.
Good luck!

misspoddy

#29 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Wow, very impressed Shazbut! I haven't managed to make to your place yet, but surely will. It sounds amazing.
Good luck!

misspoddy

misspoddy, can I recommend the crab soup, the red snapper starter and the lamb shank dish when you do go - scrummy!

#30 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

misspoddy, can I recommend the crab soup, the red snapper starter and the lamb shank dish when you do go - scrummy!

You can, and I will eat it all! Can't wait :rolleyes: