Photo

Neo India

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this restaurant? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this restaurant?

1. Excellent (20 votes [74.07%])

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

2. Good (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 mike73

mike73

Mike

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Ate there last night with a mauritian friend. Owner was very friendly, we left the ordering up to him.

My friend described his mauritian crab soup as the best he'd ever had!!

Mains were lovely too, highly recommended.

As an extra bonus they are now listed at taste london so 50% off the food bill as an added bonus if you flash your card!! (not friday or saturday though)

#47 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

That's pretty high praise Mike73... I may just have to alter my wife's birthday meal destination on Saturday night!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#48 Liz29

Liz29

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Ate here last night with my other half and the parents and it was excellent. My dad tends to stick to what he knows when it comes to curry but because we had been here before and said how good it was he was willing to try something new and he loved it :huh:

Everything was fantastic and we even had Irish coffees and various brandies/ports to finish. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the only thing that let it down was ourselves realising some hours later that we hadn't left a tip as we'd paid earlier then had another drink so completely forgot :blink:

We promise to come back soon and make up for it!!!

#49 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

Ate here last night with my other half and the parents and it was excellent. My dad tends to stick to what he knows when it comes to curry but because we had been here before and said how good it was he was willing to try something new and he loved it :huh:

Everything was fantastic and we even had Irish coffees and various brandies/ports to finish. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the only thing that let it down was ourselves realising some hours later that we hadn't left a tip as we'd paid earlier then had another drink so completely forgot :blink:

We promise to come back soon and make up for it!!!

Neo India Rocks! Posted Image

#50 Liz29

Liz29

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

Neo India Rocks! Posted Image

I couldn't agree more! Posted Image

#51 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

The crab soup is amazing! A big half brown crab, with loads of meat in it - though be prepared for all the work of getting in to the beast. The soup is a very rich creole broth - perfectly done, full of flavour.

Good curry too. Will definitely go back, probably often.

#52 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Sounds like I need this place in my life. Must go... Soon.

Follow me on Twitter

#53 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'm still a bit nervous of all this crab eating.
I feel I could be next! :blink:

#54 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

well I'm a cancerian and I bleedin love crab - go for it hermie

#55 Karen

Karen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Just want to thank the forum for swaying me to try Neo India for the first time last week. I was on my way home from work on the train, had a craving for an Indian takeaway and found the posts for this restaurant. With such a good response, when I got home I looked up their website. It's food sounded interesting and I liked the way it had been set out, with a little word from the owner at the beginning.

I had a mushroom starter, which was pleasantly interesting, although the salad garnish was a little wilted. The main came with 'free' poppadoms. I ordered a king prawn jalfrezi which packed a serious punch of heat and spice with plenty of king prawns; the tomato in the dish tasted fresh and flavorsome, the onion - not too overdone; the pilau rice was cooked very well. I asked for a naan to go on the side. My order came delivered on time by a very polite gentleman. (My fault for ordering something I wasn't used to in heat though.)

One price, I thought it was a tad on the high side, although this was dinner for two, but I will order again from Neo India. I hope this helps anyone who has wondered about this new little venture. Go for it!

#56 peedee

peedee

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

I ordered a home delivery through Hungry House on Saturday and was impressed by how fresh and 'real' were the Hyderabi Gosht, Saag Aloo and Tarka Daal. Really delicious and a welcome change from some of the generic sauce-laden stuff that can disappoint us in SE19. Recommend it.

#57 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

I had a takeaway from there tonight. Again, I thought it was very good and the sauces were freshly made, altough slightly on the thin side, but thats probably just what I'm used to.
As Karen mentioned, they do free popadums with takeaways and also gave me a ten percent discount for collection. If I had known I probably would have gone for the crab soup too.
Will probably eat in next time as I see the free starter offer is still ongoing.

#58 Plantpot

Plantpot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Tried for the first time last night. Really impressed. Food was top notch. My wife is Asian and is very particular on her food and spices. The staff helped her choose something she was after and she was delighted. All quite reasonable. Looking forward to going back.

#59 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

We have had a couple of lovely meals here recently - definitely worth a visit if you haven't been. And they still do free starters!

#60 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

Maybe a VN Meal?

Follow me on Twitter