Photo

Neo India

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this restaurant? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this restaurant?

1. Excellent (20 votes [74.07%])

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

2. Good (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Poor (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

Tried Neo last night for first time - food was really good and nice ambience - plus good friendly service and excellent attention from owner / maitré d - recommend this place to anyone who likes spicey food with a twist

#62 Mobsy

Mobsy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

One of our favorites, the food is excellent and offers a great "twist" on the more traditional indian dishes. Great service and attention to detail. The owner goes out of his way to adjust dishes to your particular tastes.

#63 fat boy

fat boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Have to agree, owner is super friendly and helpful, and reckon their naans are the best in the triangle, but you have to eat in, although wish they'd turn down the lights a bit more !!!

#64 Miss Chips

Miss Chips

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Had to write to recommend the Sunday buffet at Neo India. Outstanding! Now I love this restaurant anyway, but hadn't experienced their Sunday buffet. My experience of these in the past has been vats of unappetising chicken tikka massala and lamb rogan josh with piles of rice and naan. Not here though! So many delicious, fresh and fragrant dishes - lamb, chicken, vegetable, salads - massive selection. All for an unbelievably good price of £7.95 per head - felt really bad (for about a nano-second) going back for a second helping!
Really really worth it so please give it a go! :D

#65 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

I must say that I have had my eye on that one since it started doing the buffet. True, most places do the usual suspects and try to get rid of what they couldn't sell during the week while some do make a bit of an effort.
Will look forward to trying that one.

#66 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Had to write to recommend the Sunday buffet at Neo India. Outstanding! Now I love this restaurant anyway, but hadn't experienced their Sunday buffet. My experience of these in the past has been vats of unappetising chicken tikka massala and lamb rogan josh with piles of rice and naan. Not here though! So many delicious, fresh and fragrant dishes - lamb, chicken, vegetable, salads - massive selection. All for an unbelievably good price of £7.95 per head - felt really bad (for about a nano-second) going back for a second helping!
Really really worth it so please give it a go! :D

Actually got round to trying it today and was seriously impresed. Excluding the rice and nan breads there were nine different curries including some Mauritian ones such as tilapia fish curry, king prawn curry, green chicken and spicy bean dishes. The others were quite individual too and not the usual old slop that you get at buffets. £7.95 per head was very good value.
Followed by a couple of pints listening to jazz at the g and g. So a rather good Sunday afternoon. :)

#67 ptg23

ptg23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Sunday buffet here is cracking - was very pleased to see fish curry available too. Normal meals tend to offer something a bit different, which may or may not be up your street. I found things a little light on the spice side but my wife love's it. Nice to have a curry place that doesn't follow the normal blue print.