• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#46 GeorgeAlexander

GeorgeAlexander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

2 fried eggs, baked beans, one sausage, 2 slices of streaky bacon, 2 fried slices of spam (i know!) one slice of toast, and a huge mug of Earl Grey Tea slips down a treat!

#47 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

Spam! Can you still buy it?

I remember Spam fritters being served at school Posted Image

#48 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I dread to think what Spam is made of. :blink:

Perfect fried breakfast of the moment is a fried egg sandwich - Fried egg - runny yoke gently basted with hot fat, egg white firm and slightly crisp on the underside and edges sandwiched between thickly sliced multigrain bread. Throw in a splash of HP sauce - Yum Yums :D

#49 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Am enjoying having a hot thread to myself. Latest in the fried breakfast stakes is potato bread (fried) made to a Rachel de Thample recipe with two poached eggs on top and watercress, mixed with mushrooms and tomatoes lightly fried in garlic and chilli, on the side. Yum yums

#50 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Had a slice of toast with butter topped with HP Sauce this morning - double yums! (a throwback to my stints on night duty during my NHS years - more often than not we were too understaffed and too busy to be able to take a break and go to the canteen, so the only other option was toast and HP sauce from the ward kitchen).

#51 captainmcdan

captainmcdan

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

I have taken to putting Reggae Reggae sauce on my eggs. It's marvellous.

#52 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

Even if Levi Roots si being sued for it! http://www.telegraph...rom-friend.html

* is (darn edit function!!!)

#53 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

As served by Arins on Annerley Hill, my perfect fried brekkie is Double Egg, Bubble, Bacon, Fried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Fried Bread and two cups of Builder's Tea. There must be pepper, tomato sauce, and a Guardian on the table. It should also be a Saturday. The rest of the week, brekkie is a cheese or ham sarny, eaten al desko. Homemade bread, natch, and always with pepper and a few slices of tomato in the sarny.
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#54 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Tomatoes lightly fried in a splash of olive oil and knob of butter with a pinch of salt served on multi seed toast (no butter) is leading the way at the moment as my perfect fried breakfast. Must be followed by quadruple espresso - continental blend fairtrade coffee topped with warm milk and two sugars.

Looking forward to trying Mediterranea's new breakfast menu which will also include a fish option.

#55 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hmm not keen on fried food, but my favourite cooked breakfast would be poached egg on marmite toast.
Rachel
My link

#56 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Yes, I'm also looking forward to Mediterranea opening for breakfast although I'm never really sure about fish for brekkie tbh. Does anyone have an update on when Efisio is going to start doing this?
Mel, Forum Moderator

#57 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I love fish for breakfast although its much more common overseas - we do a pretty good line in smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, traditional kedgeree or kippers with bread and butter. I believe Efisio's full english starts the first weekend in March.

#58 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

If it's slightly unusual brekkies we're talking, I believe a good curry to be one of the all time greats. We went to India over Xmas, and I had the classic Kerala breakfast of Idli-Vada-Sambar every day; a couple of steamed rice dumplings, with a couple of fried oniony savoury doughnut sort of things and a good dose of curry gravy, all washed down with Masala Chai. Nyom. Whenever we get a curry delivery (India Dining Club in Gipsy Hill usually), I always make sure to order just a little bit too much, so the leftovers become breakfast next day.

Also, we make a lot of curries at home:- https://sites.google...le-eastern-food
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#59 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ah - weird breakfasts. Now we're talking :D

One of my all time faves was an emergency breakfast with what we scavenged from a corner store as it was about to close around midnight when we had just arrived in Dubrovnik (we were staying in a self-catering appt). I had toasted bread topped with apricot jam and then further topped with canned spicy tuna salad. Surprisingly yummm....

#60 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Any port in a storm!