• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rosehip

Rosehip

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Can anyone recommend an engaging and lively local art teacher who might be interested in 8 or so weekly lessons to help prepare my year 6 child for art scholarship exams/portfiolio presentation for seconday schools?
Please PM me if so.
Thanks
Rosehip

#2 Rosehip

Rosehip

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Forgot to say 'at going rates, of course'.
D

#3 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

Caron Clarke who runs the open studio is the right one for this! She is a really lovely person who teaches art in schools and does her own art. Her card is available at Bigger Picture.

#4 Rosehip

Rosehip

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Ziwa,

I have been very slow to respond but wanted to say thank you for the recommendation of Caron Clarke as an art tutor.

You are absolutley right - she is really an exceptional teacher: warm, friendly, fun and a great communicator. My daughter loved the lessons and learned loads. And got two art scholarship offers from local schools, most certainly thanks to Caron's work.

The Bigger Picture were unable to give me her contact details when I asked, so I have checked with Caron and she is ok for me to post them here, along with a recent ad of hers (same contact details for anyone interested in the figure drawing classes at Antenna Studios SE19 on Thursday evening and Saturday lunchtime, of course):

ART & DESIGN TUITION BY EXPERIENCED TEACHER - SOUTH LONDON
Caron Clarke is an engaging and creative art teacher offering one to one tuition or classes for groups, preparing portfolios for scholarships, course applications or simply for pleasure.

With more than 14 years experience in primary and secondary schools, she works with all ages and abilities, including children with SEN, particularly autism. Based in SE26/SE19. Can to travel to your home. References available.

t - 07931 968696
e - caronclarke@googlemail.com

#5 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

Ziwa,

I have been very slow to respond but wanted to say thank you for the recommendation of Caron Clarke as an art tutor.

You are absolutley right - she is really an exceptional teacher: warm, friendly, fun and a great communicator. My daughter loved the lessons and learned loads. And got two art scholarship offers from local schools, most certainly thanks to Caron's work.

The Bigger Picture were unable to give me her contact details when I asked, so I have checked with Caron and she is ok for me to post them here, along with a recent ad of hers (same contact details for anyone interested in the figure drawing classes at Antenna Studios SE19 on Thursday evening and Saturday lunchtime, of course):

ART & DESIGN TUITION BY EXPERIENCED TEACHER - SOUTH LONDON
Caron Clarke is an engaging and creative art teacher offering one to one tuition or classes for groups, preparing portfolios for scholarships, course applications or simply for pleasure.

With more than 14 years experience in primary and secondary schools, she works with all ages and abilities, including children with SEN, particularly autism. Based in SE26/SE19. Can to travel to your home. References available.

t - 07931 968696
e - caronclarke@googlemail.com

A big thumbs up to from me also (although haven't been for a few years now but...)
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#6 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I see Caron around the Triangle and Park a lot - she is a person who exudes sunshine! I miss going to her open studio.

At the moment I think she's mainly running the Saturday session. It is usually a single long pose.

I think the Thursday evenings had less reliable attendance so she's put them on hold for a bit. It was a bit more convenient for me, so I haven't been in ages.