8 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Monk

Kevin Monk

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for an enthusiastic geek to help me with some Magento and Joomla based projects. They're good, fun projects and a real opportunity to get your teeth into some quite demanding stuff.

You'd need to know a little about the following or at least have some idea of what they are...

• PHP
  • Joomla
  • Magento
  • *nix Hosting
  • Sever Admin (CPanel / Plesk)
  • CSS / HTML (possibly grid framweworks) - Particularly have a good feel for the division of application / presentation logic.
  • Possibly Ruby/ Rails stuff
  • Javascript Libraries
  • SQL databases
  • TDD and BDD development

If that sounds like a daunting list then don't worry. I wouldn't expect anyone to be an expert in all of them but knowing what they are and having an interest in web technologies in general should be your passion!

In summary, if you love the internet, your passionate about web technologies and you're based in or near Crystal Palace then I have some work for you.

I can be contacted on my office number 020 8670 5461 or mobile 07736 066408 or email kevin@mangoswiss.com or skype kevin_monk.

An ideal candidate would be a young lad/girl who's living at home with parents who's interested in this stuff and wants to earn some good money working on real projects. If that sounds like you or anyone you know then please get in touch.

You must be passionate about doing high quality internet development. If you can come back to me and say you've found a better way of doing X or why don't you use Y then I'll be most pleased.

No Agencies please and no overseas developers.

Regards,

Kevin.

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

I must say, Kevin - the title of this thread led me to believe it would be about quite a different subject: dating! :D

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

I must say, Kevin - the title of this thread led me to believe it would be about quite a different subject: dating! :D

That's a thought.... a VN dating off-shoot :ph34r: What could it be called I wonder...

Kevin - hope you get a good response, I am sure you will.

#4 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:37 AM

Sever Admin

Please don't sever Admin... Sysops should be cared for all year round, not just on s.a.a.d. ;)

European.vote - EU Referendum

#5 matt-h

matt-h

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hi Kevin. I'm more of a front-end person working at visual design and markup/interaction level. I'm not a back-ender but I know enough PHP to be dangerous. Is that a useful skillset, or do you really need the hardcore programming mind for this work? I don't know Magento or Joomla.

#6 Kevin Monk

Kevin Monk

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hi all,

The topic title was intentionally obscure! :)

Matt - I'm looking for a full on techie really. The work that needs to be done is quite heavily technical and if you're interests are more to the marketing and visual side then you'll get bored of the work pretty quickly. Thanks for your interest though!

Kevin.

#7 CPAndy

CPAndy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi Kevin

I'm a recent mature graduate (1st Class Hons in Business Information Technology) I did a fair bit of ASPnet website building at Uni using SQL and Access backends with c#,vbnet and CSS and HTML but wouldn't call myself an expert. I don't know Joomla but I'm sure I could pick it up. I don't exactly fit your profile of a young person living at home with parents but what I lack in age I make up for in experience having been an internet freak for 15 years or more (since the days of compuserve before Navigator when the net was mostly text based). I am basically looking for IT work since graduating and live in Crystal Palace so would be more than willing to get stuck in to projects. I can supply a cv outlining what I did at Uni if interested. Plaese get in touch via PM if you want to talk more.

Thanks
Andy

#8 Kevin Monk

Kevin Monk

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hi Kevin

I'm a recent mature graduate (1st Class Hons in Business Information Technology) I did a fair bit of ASPnet website building at Uni using SQL and Access backends with c#,vbnet and CSS and HTML but wouldn't call myself an expert. I don't know Joomla but I'm sure I could pick it up. I don't exactly fit your profile of a young person living at home with parents but what I lack in age I make up for in experience having been an internet freak for 15 years or more (since the days of compuserve before Navigator when the net was mostly text based). I am basically looking for IT work since graduating and live in Crystal Palace so would be more than willing to get stuck in to projects. I can supply a cv outlining what I did at Uni if interested. Plaese get in touch via PM if you want to talk more.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,

That sounds very interesting. I think that you might be an ideal candidate and have sent you a PM.

Regards,

Kevin.

#9 mikeinsydenham

mikeinsydenham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Hi Kevin. Did you find someone to help you with your Magento projects in the end? I'm also looking for someone and would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks, Mike