11 replies to this topic

#1 Eagle77

Eagle77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi

Can anyone recommend any local firms who can do a good double glazing job? Local as in SE19. Would just be nice to not use one of the big national companies.

Thanks for any help!

#2 happymundays

happymundays

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi

Can anyone recommend any local firms who can do a good double glazing job? Local as in SE19. Would just be nice to not use one of the big national companies.

Thanks for any help!

A2B Glazing on Anerley road on right as you go towards Anerley station found them helpful, I've had major problem which a particular large company so will always deal with a local glazer direct.

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Iíve always thought my first port of call would be South Norwood Glazing for a chat and an estimate because they have the best slogan ever: Every pane a pleasure. On a more serious note, I often see their vans around and have done for several years so that should mean something positive.

#4 sparkybird

sparkybird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

I've just had some secondary double glazing installed by A and E Glazing. Based in Sidcup, Kent

www.aeglazing.com

They responded quickly, did a very good job and were keenly priced. I tried A2B glazing but they were not good at returning my calls/emails and when I finally spoke to someone who had a clue, it turned out they didn't do secondary glazing!

#5 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

If you want a very high end craftsmanlike job, but competitively priced, I can pass on the name of someone who does sash window repairs, top-notch draft-proofing, rehanging, and replacement of single with double glazed wooden sashes. I've seen his work and its very very good.

#6 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

I can thoroughly recommend The Window Clinic based in South Norwood The Window Clinic. They installed French windows for us and we were very pleased with their workmanship. They give a friendly and efficient service, and their price was the best I could find too. A friend of mine liked our windows so much she recently had them install some for her, with the same happy result.
aka Pie

#7 Sunshine

Sunshine

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

If you want a very high end craftsmanlike job, but competitively priced, I can pass on the name of someone who does sash window repairs, top-notch draft-proofing, rehanging, and replacement of single with double glazed wooden sashes. I've seen his work and its very very good.

Ziwa, I would be interested to receive the name who does sash window repairs. We are thinking of replacing single glazed with double glazed wooden sashes.

Thanks

#8 Ozzie

Ozzie

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Ziwa, I would be interested to receive the name who does sash window repairs. We are thinking of replacing single glazed with double glazed wooden sashes.

Thanks

Any chance you could pass on their details to me as well as we're in the process of getting quotes for repairs to our sash windows.

Cheers

#9 Tracy S

Tracy S

• Sponsors
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'm in the middle of having old UPVC windows replaced with sash UPVC. We opted for The Window Clinic so will let you know our verdict once it's all been finished up

#10 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

How did you find them, Tracy S?  Were you happy with the work?  I need to have my UPVC windows replaced soon and was thinking of using the Window Clinic too.  

#11 Tracy S

Tracy S

• Sponsors
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

Hi all

Does anyone have sash upvc window replacement recommendations? We used the Window Clinic for the front of the house but there were a few issues and I'd like to get someone else to do the rest in the next month or two

#12 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

I can recommend AK Glazing who are a FENSA registered business & do new installation & repairs.

Ask for Aaron mobile 07831627627 or you can visit there new showroom in west norwood near travis perking nr bus garage.

Tell him Dazza recommended him.

Done loads of works for me & my friends & a local lad who lives in the heart of the Palace.

Dazza

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig